Is the Euro R steering rack a quicker ratio?

Bense

Reaction score
always fun when people get really salty after maybe...possibly...don't know yet for sure...finding something "new" to do with an almost 20 year old chassis :lawl:

I'm not salty. But this does confirm my previous remark from 2016....

It sounds to me like you're just mad/jealous that you didn't think of this idea first, or that you simply don't know.

I'm not sure why you're mentioning the age of the vehicle here. What difference does that make? Last I checked, this was 6thgenaccord.com. A web-forum that specializes in the specific generation of Honda Accords from 1998-2002. Forgive me for discovering something new that wasn't previously covered/indexed that pertains to increasing the performance of the specific generation of Honda Accords that spans from 1998-2002.

swapping a 6 cylinder engine into a 4 cylinder car is the bigger amount of effort here, and more thought should be given to that over the lock to lock number or minuscule differences in ratio.

Interesting. Although look at his previous build thread. --- Then look at my previous build thread. Then tell me what the difference is.

Everyone keeps talking about how 'hard' it is to do the swap that I am doing. How un-obtainable, un-feasible it is. Yet so few have actually done independent research.

Bense

Reaction score
Despite the fact that I've been a member here for over 6.5 years, I've got to get to 100 posts to lift my restriction of being able to send a PM. Ridiculous.

nexTOme

Reaction score
First, I don't care. Congrats if you are correct, would you like me to mail you a cookie? Second, you've already stated you're not sure if the manuals are correct or if the racks will even interchange. So, for the time being, technically, you haven't proven me wrong and if you do, so what. Who cares? Finding a quicker steering ratio hasn't been a concern for 99.99% of the owners of these cars as you can clearly see. I mean congrats if you get it to work but being all ****ty about it doesn't make you the bigger/better person. It's like you just need to feel justified for some reason.

1 post, in 9+ years I might be proved wrong. I think that has something to say for itself.

LOL Greg

always fun when people get really salty after maybe...possibly...don't know yet for sure...finding something "new" to do with an almost 20 year old chassis :lawl:

i don't understand why all this matters anyway. having owned a 6th gen 4 cylinder and having extensive seat time in a 2G TL-S, you can tell the TL steering wheel doesn't turn quite as far at full lock. only difference.

swapping a 6 cylinder engine into a 4 cylinder car is the bigger amount of effort here, and more thought should be given to that over the lock to lock number or minuscule differences in ratio.

+1
I mean have fun and all, but 6GA is not even a good platform to begin with if you want a good return on your performance investment.
Sure, the swap would be cool, it'd be a definitely be a unique mod to the list, but that'll really be the end of it.
If we were talking about drift cars, AutoX/RallyX optimized cars, maybe that would be a completely different story.
In the end, his car, his money.

Back