Sway Bar Size FAQ

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: Sway Bar Sizes

I make tight turns at pretty fast speeds fairly often. Besides the progress 24mm sway bar, what do u guys recommend for the front (reasonable cost with great performance)? Id like an upper and lower strut bar such as 99cfENVYv6's car (pictured below) and will fit/work perfectly together. Recommendations are greatly appreciated!

about the "lower strut tower bar"...thats not a real part haha, what i think youre talking about is the immensely useless lower tie bar that goes under the car.

...i think that will answer that haha.

99cfENVYv6 has 2 strut bars pictured. the black one you can see is an oem 2nd gen tl/tl-s/cl/cl-s bar. yes theyre all the same, yes theyre a direct swap. the polished/chrome looking one you see there also is the neuspeed one. both those strut tower bars are one solid piece...not 3 that you attach with bolts. the one piece strut bar would be the best if youre actually looking for any type of gain out of one.

SpikeMobile

Reaction score

Sorry for my misunderstanding Sketch o5. I actually was speaking about the 2 strut bars pictured which you have answered. Do you think having the Neuspeed and TL bars combined make a dramatic improvement for its cost or is having one or the other good enough? Also, where do you recommend for the lowest price?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

i cant really say how theyll be put together. ive wanted to get the neuspeed, to pair with my oem tl bar, for quite some time. i actually used to have one, but i sold it when i got rid of my old accord :lawl: though, i want to have the pair of them just for the looks. overall i dont think youll really notice much of a difference between having both bars, or just one. if your car is already on aftermarket suspension, youll probably notice a slight increase in rigidity in the front if you get a one piece strut bar.

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score

there really isnt much of a difference between the cars huh.. :peek:

SpikeMobile

Reaction score

I can't speak to how much difference you'd notice. But I can speak to price.

If it were me, I'd get the TL strut tower bar for a steal of a price and call it a day.

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Thanks for your advice goldnknight but I dont know where you would find the TL strut on a honda part site.. If you could send me the link of the steal of a price your talking about, that would be much appreciated!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Motherf....

My bad guys, I just naturally typed the honda site. lol. acuraoemparts is the place to grab your TL-S RSB and TL strut tower bar for sure :thumbsup:

chasnsx

Reaction score

Kurumamotoring is the Ebay dealer that has the Progress Acura TL rear swaybar. I got my Illuminas and Tanabe DF210's from him, and he ships fast and his products are as described.

nutnut

Reaction score

Front sway bars:
Acura 2007 TL-S: 27.0 solid

Rear sway bars:
Acura (07)TL-S: 20mm
Progress: 24mm

Sorry for asking stupid question, but do all the sway bars listed in the 1st post really fit on a 6th gen Accord? I'm especialy interested in those quoted. I assume the rear TL and Progress are solid, right?

Back