ABS Conversion?

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
I don't have ABS on my Accord, but I would love to put it in. My questions are:

Is this possible?
What parts do I need?
How difficult is it?
What's the approximate cost of the whole thing?

Any info is appreciated!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
No.

Need:
every line
abs unit
ecm
every bearing
wirind

Not worth it.

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
+1 on xci.ed6 and CokeZero. All Accord EXs should have all disc brakes and ABS I'm fairly certain.

Yeah I thought the same thing, but there's no ABS light on my cluster when I start the car. I guess that could just mean that the ABS is malfunctioning or the bulb is burned out :confused:

james'99

Reaction score
Well take a quick look under your hood. I've been looking for a pic with location of the ABS Modulator. I'd take a pic of mine but my car is home for the weekend.

I circled where the modulator would be bolted down in the attached picture. Should be plugged in on a larger orange connector. If that is present, you do have ABS. Look into seeing if a dash bulb is burnt out then.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 115

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I'd test it out by pulling a hard brake on a slippery / icy road to see if your foot on a brake pedal pulsates ← (the ABS), or not. But you're in Houston..

james'99

Reaction score
I'd test it out by pulling a hard brake on a slippery / icy road to see if your foot on a brake pedal pulsates ← (the ABS), or not. But you're in Houston..

Yeah, but at the same time, if the bulb is out, the light may have also been on for a while before going out so he may have something else going on too. RR wheel sensors are notorious for failure on these cars.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Yea the ABS module would be in the bottom right. You can kind of see it in my engine bay pic.

IMG-20110528-00034.jpg

Back