Can we talk F23A1 With Head Swap .I want a Type R

Iwant Type R

Reaction score
I really want to use my F23A1 Block but I want to create a Type R so to speak whats the best Way to accomplish this

I'd like to Do a head swap or less if possible

Last edited by a moderator:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, the accord type r had a h22, so there's a minor problem there with using a f23. people have swapped a h series head onto a f series block though, there are threads on that here as well.

Iwant Type R

Reaction score
Ok what exactly is the problem can it still be done or do I need another h22 Head type. Or what would you do if you had this block and could choose another head . Or none at all what would u do with this block it is still complete 23a1 and still in my Accord Ex. I drive it but wanted to pull some serious hp out of it without a turbo

dawg316

Reaction score
aint gonna pull some series HP out of it. trust me.

swap an h22 and it still isnt gonna feel all that faster. what are your goals? you wanna run 1/4 mile? got a goal ET
Whats your deffinition of " faster"

and whats your budget.

those are all questions you should have answers to

Iwant Type R

Reaction score
I want a close ratio transmission that'll get a jump on things , lateral bars that'll let me grip and go . And produce the power and torque without sacrificing my block. What's the damage .Do I really gotta lose the block

What would u suggest Dawg316 I got what i got for now I don't need to beat them all just the few I must
:ehcapt:

Type R Would Be Sweet But I don't have funds To play with always , I have Priorities But don't mind Hiding Mods From Momma..:lock: she'll never know:ehcapt: yip yiip

IRecently spent 600 bucks on this car and it kills me it wasn't for any upgrades . That's what happens when you just get mentally tired and find out someone has been stealing parts from your vehicle for theirs:ehcapt::shrug:

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Look. A f23 will never make serious power naturally aspirated. If you want it to than you will be spending a lot of money for not much more power than a Honda v6 swap that would cost a fraction. If you are a teenager who lives with mommy and you have no job. Than you will never achieve your power goals. That's real talk.

You gotta pay to play. My 5800lb Tundra will walk over most cars. But I paid 22k dollars for it. It's got the right gearing and torque and it is a beast of a very lightly modded truck. I didn't buy it for speed. I got it to haul things.

If you want power you need any combination of knowledge, skill, and money.

Iwant Type R

Reaction score
Look your gonna be a **** cuz you have nothing to brag about besides throwing money around you probably don't know **** what I learned in 30 min. Of Reading is more than you'll know about ****ing the same damn ***** and never do more than what I can do for the stank rotten ***** in an Sweet sweaty hour with the ***** . everyday for the rest of your lame tundra driving life remember that you drive a piece of **** tundra made in SaTown Texas cuz thats where I found your ***** licking my **** way before you got the big wheel of the train. Speaking of ask her if she likes 3 sums cuz you'll never know. Gang Bang a Hoe. **** that **** I" MOD Like GOD " Learn How to STFU before you speak. When I Say Momma You just don't get it . That's cuz no ***** has ever called you Daddy foo. Hahahahaaaa.

fckbtchmadeNam

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
check your attitude, man. it's not good to be starting shit with people on your first day here. you expect people to help you while you act like a child?

use the search function for the head swap. like i said, it has been done and there are threads about it...it's usually referred to as a 'g23', so try that term in your search.

you won't make any serious power without a turbo or nitrous. you said you wanted to make a type r, and the uk/eu type r variant had the h22 engine in it, thus why i mentioned it. seems like you need to figure out what you want to do first, since the f23 would probably be better for a turbo if you want serious power. for a closer ratio trans, people have used the prelude transmission and have been plenty satisfied with that.

also, if you have something to add immediately after you've posted, the 'edit' button is there for a reason, just add in whatever else you need to. you don't have to make additional posts within the minute of a previous one.

Accordx

Reaction score
Hey man, if you're asking for help you can't be talking like that. These guys know what they're talking about, I've learned a lot from this forum by hearing other people out. There's a lot of threads already on here that should help you figure out what route you want to go with. H22 swap, f23 mods, it's on here. Good luck with your build, I hope you find what you're looking for

Back