high beam issues

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
Ok...so here's my problem. Yesterday I was just sitting in my car after work eating a sandwich. I accidentally bumped the highbeam clicker, and them blue indicator came on, but no high beams. I thought it was surely a fuse, so i checked the headlight fuses under the hood, and they are ok. I also checked my acc. fuses in both door panels. No problems any where. I then proceeded to pop the hood again to see if maybe I never plugged them back in from when I did my HID install, but they were plugged in. Following the wires and such, I don't see any heat markings or anything, so I'm kind of at a loss. I really have no ideas what to do now. I'm thinking about hard wiring them to a switch, so that my HIDs and yellows can be on at the same time if I want them to be, but that's an unnecessary alternative. Anyone with any ideas about why this is happening let me know.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
since it wasn't mentioned...

did you inspect the bulbs? did you try a fresh pair of 9005 bulbs?

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
since it wasn't mentioned...

did you inspect the bulbs? did you try a fresh pair of 9005 bulbs?

ya i did try the bulbs, I thought maybe since I hadnt used them , they had been broken during my HID install, but when I plugged them into the low beam harness the check, they were fine.

nathan007

Reaction score
You guys in the states aren't equipped with Daytime Running Lights are you?

Because the DRL module is a common issue when having problem with the high beams here in Canada. Had issues with my 5th gen, had issues with my 6th gen, and will probably have issues again in a year or two. (Simple solder repair at least hehe)

If not, well, i'd have to check wiring diagrams to try and help you out

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
using a DMM to verify if its getting voltage or not would be my first step. I would assume not since it does not light up the bulb but baby steps.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
using a DMM to verify if its getting voltage or not would be my first step. I would assume not since it does not light up the bulb but baby steps.

pardon my ignorance...you're speaking of a multi-meter correct? Also which fuse box is this relay in or around? looking through the owners manual shed no light.

finch13

Reaction score
The headlight relays are in the engine bay fuse box. There is a chart on the fuse box cover. Try tapping the relays with the handle of a screwdriver and see if you get any light. Relays are mechanical devices and will tend to stick over time.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
The headlight relays are in the engine bay fuse box. There is a chart on the fuse box cover. Try tapping the relays with the handle of a screwdriver and see if you get any light. Relays are mechanical devices and will tend to stick over time.

thanks for the tip... ill give that a try

Back