F23A4 replacement options

ndamok

Reaction score
Hey all...I am new to this site but looking for the best options to replace my F23A4 engine in my 2000 accord.

I see a lot of talk about the JDM F23A engines you can purchase. Is this the best option? If so what is the best place to purchase? What are the common pitfalls to doing this swap? My accord has a manual transmission, are the engine interchangeable with both auto/manual trannys?

Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get educated on these cars as quickly as possible.
Thank You

ndamok

Reaction score
I ended up buying a salvage F23A4 motor. I have a question on the swap. I have a 5 speed manual transmission. Should I pull the motor and leave the transmission or pull them both and put them back in together with the new motor? Any thing I need to watch for in either situation? I appreciate a quick response...I am going to start working on this tonight.

Sino

Reaction score
I think it'll always be easier to drop/lift the two together: easier to work on it outside the car. Needs to enter/exit at a bit of a horizontal tilt if you're lifting it out. When you put it back in, if it's not seating correctly, check the back mount, it can hang up there.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
It's easier to pull the engine and transmission together then separate them once removed from the vehicle. Same when installing, easier when they're together

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Back