Mr. Cleanswap's 03 CL-S Engine & 6spd Swap -> 01 Accord EX V6 Auto

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Good call taking it easy, as much as you can anyway. Break that clutch in properly.

The J32 is a screamer lol, as you will find out. :)

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
Awesome!!

Lovin' it aren't you?? =)

I didn't even know how to drive stick and still did the swap LOL -_-"

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
You have more than solidified your status as a top 6GA chick.....props to you.

^Is there a day that goes by on which you don't pay Judy homage? :lawl:

04_fistbump.jpg

thanks guys! props.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^Is there a day that goes by on which you don't pay Judy homage? :lawl:

hahaha.....hey, I'm proud of our local girl for doing her thing.

I give props as necessary.

Besides, my time will come when the same kudos will be returned(you included).

:lawl:

sr5guy

Reaction score
This is awesome. Nice to see another swap done and sounds like there wasn't too much as far as issues to deal with.

That donor car sounds ALOT like MikeyMike's car.........

Your Legend looks mint.

Any more pics of it?

My car is more a go-er and less a show-er, it's also a mechanic's car and is never really clean enough to photograph :p. Here is a video from about 2 years ago from an indoor Legend meet at my shop, it's right at the beginning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69UXQZoQ3Q

Nice work! I'm surprised to hear that any newer car is easier to work on than an older car. In my experience it's almost always the other way around. That wiring is such a nightmare, haha.

Please make a thread for your Legend, I'd love to see more of it. :)

Legend's are nightmare cars, the whole longitudinal mounted FWD setup complicates everything to an extreme. They aren't *hard* to work on, just very involved and time consuming to do anything to.

Awesome!!

Lovin' it aren't you?? =)

I didn't even know how to drive stick and still did the swap LOL -_-"

HAHA this is the third A/T-M/T swap I've done (out of about a dozen) where the owner wasn't able to drive the car off of my lot after the swap :p

-Matt

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Matt, just curious, for a fairly straightforward swap, how much do you usually charge and what's the turn around time roughly, should there be minimmal issues?

sr5guy

Reaction score
Matt, just curious, for a fairly straightforward swap, how much do you usually charge and what's the turn around time roughly, should there be minimmal issues?

I'd say somewhere around $2600 + tax if you provide me with ALL of the parts already removed from the car. Jeff had to pay to remove the parts from the donor car as well as some additional things he did to the car such as changing the clutch and resurfacing flywheel, installing a different exhaust system, repairing some broken bolts, repairing a cracked valve cover, EGR cleaning and sourcing some missing parts that brought his bill up. I work by myself and I'm SLOW and methodical so turnaround would be 4-6 weeks.

-Matt

Back