Sawping F20B Sohc into F23A?Is it safe to run F23A without Vtec?

saqi44

Reaction score
my car before was stolen 15 days back,bought a car 4 days back and timing belt broke yesterday and it is park outside n planning to swap F23A into it with a Vtec which can be found easily over here,i know that the junkyard can install the F23 easily but i know they would not be able to turn the vtec on,,,please advice?

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my car before was stolen 15 days back,bought a car 4 days back and timing belt broke yesterday and it is park outside n planning to swap F23A into it with a Vtec which can be found easily over here,i know that the junkyard can install the F23 easily but i know they would not be able to turn the vtec on,,,please advice?

So your car has an F20B SOHC non-vtec?

Should be simple enough, you'll need a vtec ecu and you'll have to wire/splice in the vtec yourself. It's essentially no different than swapping a GSR into an LS.

saqi44

Reaction score
i dont know anything about it,,thats why i asked u guys,,the Junkyard says that they will put the F23 along with the ECU and Vtec will work from the start ,,, it will work when the car will be started,,any advice?what shud i look for?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i dont know anything about it,,thats why i asked u guys,,the Junkyard says that they will put the F23 along with the ECU and Vtec will work from the start ,,, it will work when the car will be started,,any advice?what shud i look for?

You'll still have to do some wiring for VTEC. It's not as simple as plug it in and go.

saqi44

Reaction score
that means that he can do it easily,,,, will go there tomorrow and will update u guys about the Exact engine and its ECM,,,,,,

Back