Help with painting valve cover

white beauty

Reaction score
The only issue with taking off the valve cover is putting it back on when you're done....many people including myself are guilty of over torquing the bolts and they snap. They only require hand torquing.....use the wrist not the shoulder (only way to really explain it)

thats for damn sure, i snapped three of my bolts, and i wasnt even able to get the cover off, be very carefull when taking off those bolts, VERY

mxjoe388

Reaction score
i do mine all the time i just did it again.thats my pic.it is so easy.high temp spray paint atleast 1200 degrees.if ur doin it flat black go to home depot and get 5000 degree furnace paint.and paint that bad boy up.

jccg5

Reaction score
try 5000 Degree test paint from Home Depot because is crazy good

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I was told because they werent really meant to be taken out, and if u do take them out u should use air tools to be safe

I would image they snap so you don't crack the valve cover. I've never snapped mine though.

5000 degree paint is totally overkill as well. Most spraypaint is good to about 350 degrees which is sutiably. 500 degree paint is probably the best chioce if you want it to last very long.

NASOHC

Reaction score
I can get yours powder coated in almost any color... includes cleaning, sandblast & coating - $75.

Back