tranny problems

001Stunna

Reaction score
nah no issues before this one bro.

Is the issue still occurring?

Does the car work in D1 and stay locked to 1st?...to test shift to D1, let off the brakes and drive/gas slowly and gently. The car should stay locked to 1st and RPMs increase past the normal shift point of 2-3krpm.

Does the car work in D2 and stay locked to the 1st two gears?...do as above but this time the car should switch from 1st to second at around 2-3k rpm and then stay locked in second.

Does the car work in D3 and stay locked to 3rd gear?...do as above but this time will shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and then stay locked on third. To test this you will need to go faster than 80km/h / 50miles/h.

With the car running and stopped on level ground in neutral, and you holding the brakes...slowly let go of the brakes(if the car rolls at all find a more leveled spot), press the shifter button in and shift to reverse...the car should have a gentle jolt(if any) and start rolling backwards.

Press the brakes and shift back to neutral. Perform the same thing but this time shift to D4. What happens? Do you feel any sort of jolt at all?

^to test the above you might need to find an open road so you can test while you yourself are being safe and not causing any issues with other motorists.

*Before doing any of the above check the level of your tranny fluid to make sure its at the correct mark. Level should be checked with the car being hot and turned off as per the owners manual. Personally I check it both with the car running and in park and with the car off. The difference is a very minimal drop in level when the car is running as that compared to when the car is off.

willyboy

Reaction score
001Stunna
yes i did all that but the funny thing is that i take it to work very day its a 40 mile round trip n its cool nothing wrong in the morning i drive it up to 100mph on D4. i guess its just in long trips

001Stunna

Reaction score
001Stunna
yes i did all that but the funny thing is that i take it to work very day its a 40 mile round trip n its cool nothing wrong in the morning i drive it up to 100mph on D4. i guess its just in long trips

If it only happened to you that once and never again...could be that it overheated...

I would drain and refill the fluid with atfdw1 and just monitor it.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Don't feel so bad my transmission just went out yesterday n I had it drained n filled 2x on Friday $hit happens :)

Just after I took the new pics V V V

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Sure will bro thanks

No problem, I had signs of my tans going out when it had 80k on the rebuild.....I flushed yes I said it FLUSHED it and then I put amsoil synthetic atf in their along with lucas atf additive lasted another 80k untill all the gears burnt out on me lol

Back