99 front wheel bearings?

Hondagirl08

Reaction score
Okay so I've replaced brakes, calipers, rotors, and all that before... but never a bearing!

I have a 99 ex v6. One of my front bearings is bad! The "hummm" goes away when I turn to the left. My passenger tire is BALD compared to the rest. How do I know which one it is??

I know the fronts need to be pressed in, I can take the hub to a neighbors shop to have that done.

My problem is I need a step by step on getting the hub off to bring in!! ... if anyone can help me... that would be amazing!!! And also tell me how to figure which side it is!

BTW I need to do this ASAP... as in start on it tonight!

Thanks in advance! :)

Audiobox

Reaction score
its prob the pass side. But if one is going the other is prob not far behind.

ShaGGy21

Reaction score
Well for me it was no easy task ...

I had to change my bearings when I did my five lug swap. When I took off the old hub, part of the bearing came off with it. However some of the bearing stayed on the spindle. Thats just what happened to me. Dont know if it will happen to you but the solution for me was I had to remove the spindle and then get the rest of the bearing pressed out and press the new one in. Hope this helps. BTW when taking off the spindle ... from the lower ball joint its a ***** !!

dv8801

Reaction score
just change both bearings. when i changed mine few months back. i took whole knuckle out and took to shop.

JDMpower25

Reaction score
it could actually be your left side bearing.
when u turn to the left, car shifts weight to the right side, taking some weight off the left wheel, thats why the humming goes away.
But i agree with everyone, just take both knuckles off and take them to the shop

Audiobox

Reaction score
it could actually be your left side bearing.
when u turn to the left, car shifts weight to the right side, taking some weight off the left wheel, thats why the humming goes away.
But i agree with everyone, just take both knuckles off and take them to the shop

Ahh, good point on the weight transfer, never thought of that, lol.

Hondagirl08

Reaction score
okay so i got everything off but im not stuck on the speed sensor wiring... at least i think thats what it is lol

anyone know how to get that off??

(((btw i do plan on replacing both but only have enough money to fix this one untill payday. found out it is the driverside bearing by jacking one side up at a time, starting the car, and slowly letting off the break... DEFFNTLY the driverside lol)))

Last edited:

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
speed sensor...it's easier to just disconnect the harness in the engine bay. You cant remove it from the knuckle without damaging it.

Back