Exhaust system help

datechboss101

Reaction score
Looks more expensive (699.99) than your 500 dollar limit. It only has a 3 year warranty too, versus a Magnaflow lifetime warranty.

True, or I could just gut the entire exhaust system, bc Florida ain't no emissions state... (Thanks student005 for the idea).

RyMi

Reaction score
My advice would be to keep looking for a Magnaflow catback in your budget. I got one new for my 01 V6 Sedan a couple months ago on amazon between 4 and 500. Stainless is very nice, and the lifetime warranty is always awesome to have.

I can give more specifics on sound if you're going that route, but thats just my two cents

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
My advice would be to keep looking for a Magnaflow catback in your budget. I got one new for my 01 V6 Sedan a couple months ago on amazon between 4 and 500. Stainless is very nice, and the lifetime warranty is always awesome to have.

I can give more specifics on sound if you're going that route, but thats just my two cents

Yup, I have one on my 99 with a 4 cylinder. I got it off e-bay for 482 shipped. I also added a Magnaflow cat and a new head pipe while I was in there. I like the sound from it.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Damn I must be super cheap...I couldn't imagine paying 500 dollars for an exhaust system for a slow 6th gen lol.

I do really like the sound of my cat less and ported stock muffler. It looks ghetto from the back but damn does it sound good. Zero rice from it. Just deep idle and it's a smooth transition into the higher RPMs where it actually gets a little quieter and the short ram Intake sound takes over around 4k

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Damn I must be super cheap...I couldn't imagine paying 500 dollars for an exhaust system for a slow 6th gen lol.

I do really like the sound of my cat less and ported stock muffler. It looks ghetto from the back but damn does it sound good. Zero rice from it. Just deep idle and it's a smooth transition into the higher RPMs where it actually gets a little quieter and the short ram Intake sound takes over around 4k

Yeah, I didn't want to spend that much either, but it being stainless steel, and having a lifetime warranty are what sold me on it. Living in the salt belt means the exhaust will be around after the car completely rusts out.
Side note; I've already replaced the exhaust on my Geo Prizm (Toyota Corolla wanna be) twice, and my 97 Accord once already. I hate having to crawl under a car doing exhaust work on salt belt cars. They're always shedding rust in your eyes.

selttijcmanit

Reaction score

Probably what I should of done, now the neighbors hate me in the mornings and I can't hear anything inside the car..

At least now with the straight pipe it gained a little power though!

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Probably what I should of done, now the neighbors hate me in the mornings and I can't hear anything inside the car..

At least now with the straight pipe it gained a little power though!

That's the thing I like about the Magnaflow on my car, it's fairly quiet at idle, and you can hear the radio at highway speeds and even carry on a conversation.
I scared the crap out of my buddies wife last week when I stopped by. She didn't hear me, but she also claims my car is loud. Must not have been listening too hard when I snuck up on her.:henry:

selttijcmanit

Reaction score
That's the thing I like about the Magnaflow on my car, it's fairly quiet at idle, and you can hear the radio at highway speeds and even carry on a conversation.
I scared the crap out of my buddies wife last week when I stopped by. She didn't hear me, but she also claims my car is loud. Must not have been listening too hard when I snuck up on her.:henry:

LOL, weird how that works; loud, inaudible exhaust.. Plus yours probably doesn't make the car sound like a mail truck haha

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
LOL, weird how that works; loud, inaudible exhaust.. Plus yours probably doesn't make the car sound like a mail truck haha

Maybe. I did research the exhaust thread on here before I bought it. Quite a few were using straight pipe and a Magnaflow muffler. I talked with a guy on here who installed 1 on his Acura, and loved it. He's actually putting 1 on his wife's Accord. Said it's quiet at idle, and rumbles with your foot in it. He's right. It's not that much louder than my wife's stock system on her 00 Accord, until you get into it. :)

Back