Hi Guys! I'm a Honda lover, but not owner... yet....

wg2k7

Reaction score
hey theres nothing wrong with our v6s!
seriously, id never trade my v6 for a manual 4 banger, although i would really love a manual, the v6s sound so nice with i/h and it gets decent power, and if you get a v6 get a 00-01 and youll be covered 100% for any tranny issues until 100k miles.

rafster

Reaction score
Bonita, CA (Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Me
wg2k7 said:
hey theres nothing wrong with our v6s!
seriously, id never trade my v6 for a manual 4 banger, although i would really love a manual, the v6s sound so nice with i/h and it gets decent power, and if you get a v6 get a 00-01 and youll be covered 100% for any tranny issues until 100k miles.

Yeah, I was in one of my friend's v6 EX coupe. Those things haul *** and sound sooooo nice. Only problem with getting an '00-01 is that most of them are already gettting so close to 100K miles....

Here's another question for you guys.... Are there any huge differences between a 6th Gen Accord and a '99 (+/-) Acura CL?

Thanks,

Rafster

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
rafster said:
Here's another question for you guys.... Are there any huge differences between a 6th Gen Accord and a '99 (+/-) Acura CL?

nothing huge, exterior and interior looks, and 3.2L of power insted of 3.0L.

dont get me wrong, the v6's are nice, and they do have some balls, ive driven a few at work, and they sound great with i/h/e, mike's sounded sick as hell at the meet, haha. but i would never want those tranny issues, even tho my 4 banger's is acting up, the 4 bangers just takes longer.

Phil47906

Reaction score
The 6th gen V6 Coupe is a very nice choice and it's one of my favorite Accords. Especially teh EX with dark leather interior. Everything is sweet except the automatic transmission (it's a gamble, you might find one out there with a decent auto-tranny but the thought of it going bust will always haunt you). Good luck with the hunt and hope to see pics soon.

rafster

Reaction score
Phil47906 said:
The 6th gen V6 Coupe is a very nice choice and it's one of my favorite Accords. Especially teh EX with dark leather interior. Everything is sweet except the automatic transmission (it's a gamble, you might find one out there with a decent auto-tranny but the thought of it going bust will always haunt you). Good luck with the hunt and hope to see pics soon.

How much would it cost to replace the Auto once it does "go"?

Rafster

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
well you could get a "built" one from dr.evil for like $3000-$4000 if i remember correctly. for rebuilts there really is no set price all places vary, personally i could care less about my auto i am about to swap in cl-s cams and when it goes swap in a type-s 6 speed

here is a link for all reported failures on v6p... http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63785

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
6th gen auto's = ftl

welcome first off, :beer:

as far as what type of 6th gen to get, to each is his own

auto trannys for our gen (both v6 & i4) suck. there was a lawsuit towards honda for them and i believe another one is in affect. now, if your super careful and plan to do no power mods to it, then u shall be fine.

so that leaves just manuals. i4 are fairly common, but v6 are not. u can either shell out for dr. evil's tranny (3k) or swap in a cl-s tranny (alot of work and money).

now power options, v6 offers a comptech SC which is fairly popular. i4 offers a drag turbo kit. but you must remember honda was built on i4's, so they know there ****. i would recomend i4 since there is more options out there then v6.

now coupe or sedan / 98-00 or 01-02, the coupe is sexy with the NSX style taillights but the sedan is better. both cars are heavy, so thats not really a factor. the 98-00 style is more popular with aftermarket lips kits out there then the second version.

...... wow..... i was really bored to write this much, blah

rafster

Reaction score
See here's the thing.....

While I wouldn't really mind getting a manual, there are times here in San Diego, Los Angeles, etc... traffic gets soooooooooooooo annoying and having a stick shift is just another hassle. But if you all say that the Automatics on these are horrible, I would rather not want to have the extra problems/expenses to deal with them.....

What are your thoughts...?

Rafster

Back