Need help with parts

guytv

Reaction score
I got into an accident (was not my fault) and the parts that are damage is the rear bumper cover and a small part on the trunk . Also, there is small frame damage that is keeping the trunk lid from aligning correctly (will get that handle myself).

Basically, I want to replace the rear bumper cover and the trunk lid.

I have a honda accord 2001 ex v6. I need your guys help. Are the bumpers and trunk lids interchangeable from the year 1998 to 2001?

I seen this posting on craigslist. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/d/1998-honda-accord/6244548448.html

Do you guys know if I could replace it with this one?

Also, do you guys know the prices for the parts at junkyards?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
while the 01-02 trunk lids do fit on a 98-00 accord sedan, the tail lights on the trunk lid are different, and you'd have to get the 01-02 corner tail lights to have a matching set. 98-00 tail lights will not work with a 01-02 trunk lid, and visa versa.

i don't know for sure about the rear bumper, but i don't think there would be an issue with a 01-02 on a 98-00 since they look to have the same shape where they meet the rest of the car. i have no clue about mounting points, but i don't think they'd change that.

guytv

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! :waytogo:

I'm kind of confused.
I have an 2001 honda accord ex v6.

So, if i get a 1998-2000 or even 2002 trunk lid can I put my rear lights from the 2001 trunk lid on it?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i probably should've read your first post a little better, i assumed you had a 98-00 model for some reason. my mistake :lawl:

98-00 and 01-02 are the years of the different tail lights, which are not interchangeable with each others trunk lids. while trunk lids from 98-02 will work on any 6th gen accord, it's the tail lights that cause the 'issue'. 01-02 lights will not work on a 98-00 trunk lid, and it's the same for the other way around. they have a slightly different shape and that's why they won't work. you have a 2001, so you'll want a 01-02 trunk lid in order to use the tail lights on the trunk lid currently on your car.

Connie

Reaction score
Have a complete 98 parts car with all the parts you need, not sure where "hill" is, but if you happen to be in Ontario you are welcome to grab what you need from that car, as long as you don't mind running the 98-00 style rear end.

guytv

Reaction score
i probably should've read your first post a little better, i assumed you had a 98-00 model for some reason. my mistake :lawl:

98-00 and 01-02 are the years of the different tail lights, which are not interchangeable with each others trunk lids. while trunk lids from 98-02 will work on any 6th gen accord, it's the tail lights that cause the 'issue'. 01-02 lights will not work on a 98-00 trunk lid, and it's the same for the other way around. they have a slightly different shape and that's why they won't work. you have a 2001, so you'll want a 01-02 trunk lid in order to use the tail lights on the trunk lid currently on your car.

Thanks. So, i guess i will be looking at 2001 and 2002 cars for parts.:waytogo:

guytv

Reaction score
Have a complete 98 parts car with all the parts you need, not sure where "hill" is, but if you happen to be in Ontario you are welcome to grab what you need from that car, as long as you don't mind running the 98-00 style rear end.

Nice. I'm in California, but I'll let you know if anything.:waytogo:

Back