Headlight Sealant Info **READ ME**

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
silicone is fine.

for people who have moisture in their lights...it might be because they're sealed too much. i was messing with my grandma's car the other day cause it had 1/8" standing water inside. took the bulb out...pshhhh...pressure like opening a soda bottle. took the light out, drilled a few small holes in the bottom, and the moisture is almost gone off the lens.

even sealing the crap out of a headlight lens doesn't mean its sealed. theres still air getting through the bulb sockets, especially around the 9006 and 9005 bulbs. those rubber boots are NOT airtight.

think about it...water needs to evaporate. water getting in through the top (for example) needs more sealing. residual water on the lens means it needs more ventilation. another reason ebay headlights "fail" and fog over is the lack of ventilation.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yes it is...but thats why its like $3 a tube and nissan sealant is like $30 a roll :lawl:

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
honda bond from dealer its like 10-13 dollars. dont be cheap i say. if you dont want to get hazing. and then buy all those stuff to clear the lens. do it once do it right dont worry about it again.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
After reading through here, I realized that the other day when I was in the local bike shop here in Nashville, they sold hondabond. Bikes use is for sealing the stator back in. (brings back bad memories). It was only 8 bucks, which seems to be less than what everyone else is paying, but it might be a smaller tube.....not sure. Anyway, that's just an idea.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
I used regular old bathroom caulk. (I think it was silicon based, but I'm not 100% on that). I only used it on the spots where the sealant that was there from the factory seemed to be lacking from my taking it apart.

Did the blackhouse DIY at least 6 months ago and haven't seen any fog or issues since.

Back