Upper Ball Joint

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score
I have two SPC upper ball joints that are adjustable and can be used as a camber kit that I would be willing to sell ya. Feel free to PM me if interested.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
2. No you will not need an alignment.

I would say yes you do need an alignement. The alignment shop wouldn't check/fix my alignment when my ball joints were bad. No only that, but the upper ball joint is where you adjust camber on aftermarket kits so "obviously" it matters when you change it.

The ebay parts a double edged sword. Sure they cost less, but they don't last near as long as OEM. I've replaced mine twice in 40k miles. My OEM one lasted 150k+. If you plan on keeping the car for awhile, go with OEM.

civic_has

Reaction score
I would say yes you do need an alignement. The alignment shop wouldn't check/fix my alignment when my ball joints were bad. No only that, but the upper ball joint is where you adjust camber on aftermarket kits so "obviously" it matters when you change it.

The ebay parts a double edged sword. Sure they cost less, but they don't last near as long as OEM. I've replaced mine twice in 40k miles. My OEM one lasted 150k+. If you plan on keeping the car for awhile, go with OEM.

Thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it. I will probably get the OEM since I am planning on keeping the car for a long time. Do you usually change both at a time or just the one that has gone bad?

As for the alignment, the OEM UCA are not adjustable so I think the camber should remain the same. I will double check with the dealership just in case I just put on new tires last year.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it. I will probably get the OEM since I am planning on keeping the car for a long time. Do you usually change both at a time or just the one that has gone bad?

As for the alignment, the OEM UCA are not adjustable so I think the camber should remain the same. I will double check with the dealership just in case I just put on new tires last year.

If one of the ball joints was quite bad, you might need an alignment for sure. However depending on its condition it might not make too big of a change.

ie. i did all my upper uca w balljoint and both tierods 2 weeks ago and then went in for an alignment and camber was off about .3 degrees; toe was .02 instead of .00.

Driving about 40km from the shop where i got the work done to the alignment shop felt perfectly fine but i just wanted to double check anyways.

Hence it'd be nice to get an alignment afterwards to bring everything to exact specs

sodaks2k

Reaction score
As for the alignment, the OEM UCA are not adjustable so I think the camber should remain the same.

I know they're not adjustable, but with the one being bad it "could" cause the other supsension parts to work harder and throw the alignment off.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I usually get ball joints at NAPA - they have JDM ones, and you KNOW they are quality. They are like $25 each I think. Then I take it to my mechanic who charges $10 a joint for labor. The parts should be off the car obviously. You can easily press/remove the ball joint yourself too. Worth the effort to save the money, if you don't have a handy mechanic who hooks you up.

Back