Electrical problem

Looneytune

Reaction score
so a few days ago i was driving and i hit a bump and my car randomly shuts off and comes right back on. next day i was driving on a smooth road, and it cuts off again.

Also when i have my blinker on everything in my car blinks from my clock to telling me what gear i am in.

Last sometimes when i cut my car on it cuts back off.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Check battery, grounds, and connections, main relay/fuses, alternator. Something might have bumped itself out of line which might be causing a short that is draining the power. Do you have to jump the car after it shuts off? This probably doesn't have anything to do with it but also check ignition switch . Any check engine light come on? Is your car modified at all?

Last edited:

Looneytune

Reaction score
ive checked the grounds. and battery is cool. i will check the fuses today main relay has been replaced, as well as the starter cut relay. No i dont have to jump the car i put the car in neutral if im still rolling and it cuts back on. im praying and hoping its a fuse. but the car has 227.xxx miles.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
When was your main relay replaced? You said it all started when you hit a bunk? Sounds like you might've knocked something loose like your main relay

Back