Accord is dieing!!

jdmaccord40

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Accord coupe lx. I was driving it the other day in a city when I went to start it and it just clicked like the battery was dead. I took my alternator in to autozone and replaced it then I found out after they tested my old alternator that it was good. So I replaced the battery. I drove it home no problem but noticed my gauges were bouncing from 0 to whatever my speed was. I got home then drove it to work a few hours later and halfway to work I lost all power and my car died. This was at night so I was using my lights. I took it to a mechanic and he replaced a fuse said it was fixed but tonight I drove it and my gauges were bouncing like before and I noticed I was losing power again. Please if anyone can help me let me know ASAP. Thanks

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Bad connection somewhere. I'd take it to the dealer for diagnosis, could be complex.

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
It could be the starter same thing happened to my car and it just died and turned out to be the starter

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The starter won't have anything to do with his car losing power while driving.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
If ur battery light is on the dash then ur alternator is bad. I wouldnt trust any of those guys at autozone. They arent mehanics and they are stuppid. Also, dont buy a duralast alternator, they suck and i replaced mine 3 times in 1 yr.

U can test ur alternator output with a multimeter. But im assuming u dont know how. Just take it to the dealer or watch videos on how to test alternator current and load

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
my car does this when its hot inside tha car, if it gets hot in tha car open doors let it cool down inside for a while and try and start it after about 15 min, if it starts its ur main efi relay

Back