Dead at 167k!

nhldogg

Reaction score
I am currently new to the 6thgenaccord website but I am part of other forums as well. Well today was my lucky day and the good old Honda transmission finally went out at exactly 167k on the dot. I have a guy that owns a garage and does anything and everything. I was wondering what the best option would be to go about replacing the tranny. I would like something different preferably tiptronic similar to the 02 TLs. I don't want to go about paying alot on parts for the 5 speed swap neither do I have much time as this came out of nowhere. Would it just be best to have the current blown transmission rebuilt? Any help is greatly appreciated in advance!

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
This thread kindly reminds me that mines going out. At 101k.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
A lot of guys do the CL 6-Speed swap with their J30's. or a 5 speed. either way they will cost a chunk of change. somewhere in the range of 2500-3500 for parts and labor. I could be wrong.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
whatever option you do is going to cost a pretty penny, and by penny, i mean $1000+ i think

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
7GA 6spd is cheaper than using a CL-S 6spd, but there will still be parts to buy. Sounds like just need to get another 4spd auto. You can get one for under $600, not sure it's worth rebuilding.

nhldogg

Reaction score
7GA 6spd is cheaper than using a CL-S 6spd, but there will still be parts to buy. Sounds like just need to get another 4spd auto. You can get one for under $600, not sure it's worth rebuilding.

So what your saying is to pick up a good used transmission from the same model accord as mine? The guy at the shop will give me a good deal on labor whether I choose to rebuild or something else. I need to figure out something and or get parts by this week though. Is there no way to get some sort of tiptronic in the 6th gen?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There is, but you stated you did not want to spend a bunch of money in parts. So replacing what was originally designed to bolt up to your block is the cheapest way to go.

Swapping to anything from a 2G TL/CL will require buying a decent amount of parts, thus more money. Swapping always ends up costing more than you think, so I wouldn't bother unless you're open to the high cost. Which it sounds like you aren't.

A member (Jbissell) did the auto 5spd swap, you could check with him. Or do some searching over on V6P.net, ton of info on that site in regard to swaps.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
contact this guy, he ll help u through here in ga... where in Suwanee u located???

I'm in Lawrenceville, we next door neighbor... lol

EmMinODaGreaT for 6spd swap or anything else in modding...

Back