Need High Output Alternator ASAP!

nhldogg

Reaction score
Currently they are rebuilding my transmission and while the thop had it i found out that i had a bad alternator. With the electronics that i have in the car my mechanic said that it is best for me to go with a high output alternator. I need some advice asap on which brand to get or even where to look about getting one so i can get it put in with the transmission. Its a 1998 v6.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I want to say from the same generation as the 6GA, but do a search I remember reading it on here somewhere.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The 02 Odessey alternator will do.

I have one, and it hasn't given me a problem in about 4 years now.

The junkyard you get it from should give a lifetime warranty on it.....if not, and you are willing to deal with shipping, check out Standard Auto Wreckers, they do have a US location.

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
yeah see ^ odessey alternator will work well, theres a number of threads on install or just regular research on it... including mounting it to the I4??? if im not mistaken? ( :poke: SykVSyx)

nhldogg

Reaction score
My mechanic found a high output for $200. That is what he paid for it and he is not charging me installation on it. I am not sure of the brand or make yet though as i havent seen my car in a few days now.

Back