Reaction score
Re: *updated with pix* apex'i WS2 muffler, xenon kit, s2k ap2 muffler

Sad day for the Xenon Kit.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

yeah, u need new hangers welded onto the muffler

since this muffler is supposed to go to the driver side, u could prob move the hangers from the passanger side to the driver side

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score

Probably a dumb question but does the AP2 muffler just hang under our cars or would I have to plan on having new mounts welded on to it?

Thinking about replacing my obnoxiously loud N1 but not sure how much better the AP2 muffler would be. It's def cheaper than buying a Magnaflow or other aftermarket muffler though.

Here's two sound clips from my car.

Stock piping with 08 s2000 muffler.

luciusad2004

Reaction score

Here's two sound clips from my car.

Stock piping with 08 s2000 muffler.

Your car sounds great man! I'm assuming you still have the stock resonator on? Would probably be a bit more raspy for me since I have headers, a magnaflow cat and no resonator but it seems like it should def be better than what I have. How does the muffler fit under your car though? Does it poke out much or does it tuck pretty well under the bumper? My Can style exhaust sticks out like a sore thumb.

OP- Im gonna try to look in to it some more during the down time at work and Ill PM or reply here. Are you willing to ship to PA?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score

Your car sounds great man! I'm assuming you still have the stock resonator on? Would probably be a bit more raspy for me since I have headers, a magnaflow cat and no resonator but it seems like it should def be better than what I have. How does the muffler fit under your car though? Does it poke out much or does it tuck pretty well under the bumper? My Can style exhaust sticks out like a sore thumb.

OP- Im gonna try to look in to it some more during the down time at work and Ill PM or reply here. Are you willing to ship to PA?

Thanks.

I've just recently deleted my mid muffler, the sound quality is a biy raspy unless you have headphones on.

It sits very nice, hangs a little low as aftermarket exhaust. It doesn't stick out much.

Here's pictures on this thread.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41284

If Roy isnt willing to ship his passenger side i have one for sale also that we can work out on shipping.

luciusad2004

Reaction score

Not bad. How loud is it cruising between 3k and 3.5? I can't tell if it's loud or if it's just because the camera is sitting right behind it lol.

It might look a little lower on my coupe as I think the bumper curves up a little more but If I have to have the hangers re-welded anyway I can always see about having them shortened to get a better fit.

Do you know if both sides are the same? Like if i get a driver side muffler and just have the hangers flipped will everything look the same or will the tip be off center and look weird?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score

Not bad. How loud is it cruising between 3k and 3.5? I can't tell if it's loud or if it's just because the camera is sitting right behind it lol.

It might look a little lower on my coupe as I think the bumper curves up a little more but If I have to have the hangers re-welded anyway I can always see about having them shortened to get a better fit.

Do you know if both sides are the same? Like if i get a driver side muffler and just have the hangers flipped will everything look the same or will the tip be off center and look weird?

Both are the same specs, the driver side just doesnt have the face cover like the passenger side does, which looks better imo. On the drivers side, you'll have to straighten out the pipe if it is too long because it curves to where the wheel is, or you can just cut it until it is short enough so it doesn't interfere with anything else. if you flipped the muffler it will look weird because the design isn't the same from top and bottom, best bet is to leave about 4-5 inches of the stock s2000 muffler on or have it bend to straighten out and weld it to you cars piping.

Check through thread I gave you, there is a guy who polished the muffler and it looks sexy as fawk.

Edit: after the mid muffler delete, around 75-85 mph is 3-3,250 rpm and there is a slight drone, but you won't be able to hear it if you don't pay attention to it.

Also if you flip it and decide to add the tip later down the road the bottom of the tip will be exposed with the 10 socket bolt, which wouldn't look to pretty.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

threadjack :squintrun:

luciusad2004

Reaction score

I think I'm gonna hold off because i need tires and alignment asap. My rears are getting ripped apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back