Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Cars suck. Lol!
Yea man. Talk about the love 'n hate relationship lol.

Damn that's a clean fitment under there, rsb and axle back line up pretty nice
Thanks, man! I never knew that those two have a similar curve. Wish the pipe was sitting a little higher than this, to look more OEM, but I have no complaints atm. :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Yea man. Talk about the love 'n hate relationship lol.

Totally. Sometimes when I'm under my car and dealing with seized or rusted parts/hardware...just makes me think about how nice it must be to work on a new car.

When I get my next car, I'm going to have it completely treated for rust/moisture protection.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Totally. Sometimes when I'm under my car and dealing with seized or rusted parts/hardware...just makes me think about how nice it must be to work on a new car.

When I get my next car, I'm going to have it completely treated for rust/moisture protection.
I hear ya. Especially when you live in a place where the roads are de-iced by salt in winter.

Well.. This reminds me of wanting to lyk that there is a JDM aftermarket electronic device that prevents your car from rust problems.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/tofit/item/545349/
Once again, don't mind about their funky translations tho. :lawl: I've seen this product a lot on the car goods magazines in JPN, and it has many positive reviews on it. It basically prevents the rust problem "electronically" by the flow of an electron on your entire car, through this device from the car's battery. According to my JPN car goods magazines, the item has 20 yrs of history, and it's becoming one of the most popular items in JPN to this date, particularly among ppl living under severe climate condition (snow, ocean shore, etc).

If I were you, I'd consider getting this, on top of your protection plan, and be less of a hassle to deal w/ the road salt like you have had for the past years. Just my two cents, Chris.

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Was debating between this or "無限 MUGEN POWER" in silver logo.

IMAG4557_zpsea3a502e.jpg

Good sealing compared with the OEM cap I've had; It turns and feels much more gradual in torque as I tighten / loosen it. Hoping that the rubber sealing will stay like this.
IMAG4563_zps52fc849d.jpg

Almost chose the center cap in blue, to go with my blue ground wirings, but settled w/ black.
IMAG4567__zps552986a3.jpg

Before & After.
IMAG4083_zps782637f2.jpg

IMAG4573___zps0a194a37.jpg

More things coming soon!

Sorry if this has been covered already... but where did you buy this? Haha I'm trying to find it but I cant seem to find it

EDIT: Nvm lol my bad I didn't see the part where it cost $90 LOL too expensive for an oil cap imo. just gonna go with this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-CNC-BILLET-RACING-ENGINE-OIL-FILLER-CAP-FOR-HONDA-ACURA-MUG-RD-/261568743408?fits=Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord&hash=item3ce6b647f0&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ NP, Derek. Yeah I think so, too lol. Took me one and a half years to bite the bullet haha. (Chickened out on the 1st visit, but I was able to let my wallet wide open on my 2nd visit.) That one looks cool.

This is just my thought, but there's gotta be some fake ones on ebay, b/c I see so many Mugen caps being really cheap as low as 8.99. I also see some of those pricey ones, that are emphasized with the word "genuine" / "authentic" by the sellers, and make me even wonder why they're saying that anyways... I mean, that cheap for a Mugen cap, j/k? b/c it's super outdated..? Or, something..

Wanted to renew my cabin air filters, but I failed to begin. Instead, messed around with the suspension and tire settings to see how I like driving w/ my new rsb.

Went from 44psi + intermediate shocks → → → 38psi + stiffest shocks, and it's soo much more fun to drive!

Least amount of body-roll from the shocks, but not so harsh on the ride, b/c of the tires absorbing more bumps more effectively. It improved more handling response & became a lot easier to avoid more pot holes at speed better than ever. Feels like saying good bye to the tread life lol.

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

^ NP, Derek. Yeah I think so, too lol. Took me one and a half years to bite the bullet haha. (Chickened out on the 1st visit, but I was able to let my wallet wide open on my 2nd visit.) That one looks cool.

This is just my thought, but there's gotta be some fake ones on ebay, b/c I see so many Mugen caps being really cheap as low as 8.99. I also see some of those pricey ones, that are emphasized with the word "genuine" / "authentic" by the sellers, and make me even wonder why they're saying that anyways... I mean, that cheap for a Mugen cap? b/c it's super outdated..? Or, something..

Wanted to renew my cabin air filters, but I failed to begin. Instead, messed around with the suspension and tire settings to see how I like driving w/ my new rsb.

Went from 44psi + intermediate shocks → → → 38psi + stiffest shocks, and it's soo much more fun to drive!

Least amount of body-roll from the shocks, but not so harsh on the ride, b/c of the tires absorbing more bumps more effectively. It improved more handling response & became a lot easier to avoid more pot holes at speed better than ever. Feels like saying good bye to the tread life lol.

I like it too haha it's cool because it has that OEM stuff on it but Mugen logo too! Yeah I'm pretty sure the one I ordered is fake LOL majority of them I would say is fake. Even if its out dates no way it can go from $90 to $9 haha but I'm a replica kind of guy. I'm cheap :lawl:

Damn I want to get a RSB asap.... Gonna get some ebay spacers and side skirts/rear lip first though haha So the 3rd gen TL Progress RSB is a direct fit on our 6GA's??? No modification? and when you get your MOOG end links do you get them for the accord or TL?

I didn't know you can change tire PSI... I always thought you had to stick with the recommended PSI which is like 32 or something? What does changing the PSI do?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I like it too haha it's cool because it has that OEM stuff on it but Mugen logo too! Yeah I'm pretty sure the one I ordered is fake LOL majority of them I would say is fake. Even if its out dates no way it can go from $90 to $9 haha but I'm a replica kind of guy. I'm cheap :lawl:

Damn I want to get a RSB asap.... Gonna get some ebay spacers and side skirts/rear lip first though haha So the 3rd gen TL Progress RSB is a direct fit on our 6GA's??? No modification? and when you get your MOOG end links do you get them for the accord or TL?

I didn't know you can change tire PSI... I always thought you had to stick with the recommended PSI which is like 32 or something? What does changing the PSI do?
Wasn't trying to discourage you, but this is just my guess here; Say, $80~90 MSRP can be on sale, like 60% off max, to be around $40 for the real piece to be cheap, maybe even $30 if it's an old model. Your's is.. oh well, let's look forward to see the packaging for the realness then!

I'd stay away from ebay spacers 'n go with trusted brands, when it comes to suspension / brake components, like Ichiba or something. Yep, the bar is PNP for 6gens. No mod. You can get those Moogs parts #'s on the pic of my end links labeled on the boxes. These are for TL /CL/ 6GA/ TSX, btw.
http://www.rockauto.com/info/Moog/MOOG_PS_Bulletin_27023.pdf

32psi, labeled on the door jambs, is only if your running w/ OEM spec tire. Your tire sidewall should say the max psi it can take. I stopped going with the max psi tho, b/c it can crack the rubber surface. Plus it wasn't being much of a help for the better MPG for me either. (I'm getting more ride comfort from the tires, instead of my Tein SA, which seems to be a far more effective way, and I like it better this way. For now. ;))

The squeaking noise from the steering / road bumps is still out there from time to time.. Surprisingly it's not constant anymore but it became off 'n on, right before the new boot got put on. Gotta be somewhere else. :thinking:

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Wasn't trying to discourage you, but this is just my guess here; Say, $80~90 MSRP can be on sale, like 60% off max, to be around $40 for the real piece to be cheap, maybe even $30 if it's an old model. Your's is.. oh well, let's look forward to see the packaging for the realness then!

I'd stay away from ebay spacers 'n go with trusted brands, when it comes to suspension / brake components, like Ichiba or something. Yep, the bar is PNP for 6gens. No mod. You can get those Moogs parts #'s on the pic of my end links labeled on the boxes. These are for TL /CL/ 6GA/ TSX, btw.
http://www.rockauto.com/info/Moog/MOOG_PS_Bulletin_27023.pdf

32psi, labeled on the door jambs, is only if your running w/ OEM spec tire. Your tire sidewall should say the max psi it can take. I stopped going with the max psi tho, b/c it can crack the rubber surface. Plus it wasn't being much of a help for the better MPG for me either. (I'm getting more ride comfort from the tires, instead of my Tein SA, which seems to be a far more effective way, and I like it better this way. For now. ;))

Oh it's cool haha yeah mine is super cheap and to me as long as it fits and does its job it's ok with me :D

Spacers is part of suspension? I just thought it's just spacers and it's all the same. I was looking into motor-tech custom spacers. They seemed to have good reviews. I read people say ichiba is trash. I have no personal experice with it but I don't think I want to.... Man spacers are expensive but yeah if my wheel is hooked onto it, I think you're right lol I should invest in legit spacers. I just read people don't have issues with the ebay ones so idk which to do :( Oh nice thanks! I will keep that for future reference haha

Wow I've been using the wrong PSI all this time. I have TL wheels 235/45/17 I think. Not sure the rates PSI on that but what would you recommend?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Oh it's cool haha yeah mine is super cheap and to me as long as it fits and does its job it's ok with me :D

Spacers is part of suspension? I just thought it's just spacers and it's all the same. I was looking into motor-tech custom spacers. They seemed to have good reviews. I read people say ichiba is trash. I have no personal experice with it but I don't think I want to.... Man spacers are expensive but yeah if my wheel is hooked onto it, I think you're right lol I should invest in legit spacers. I just read people don't have issues with the ebay ones so idk which to do :( Oh nice thanks! I will keep that for future reference haha

Wow I've been using the wrong PSI all this time. I have TL wheels 235/45/17 I think. Not sure the rates PSI on that but what would you recommend?
:)

I've been told not to cheap out so much on parts that change the footwork of the car: suspension & braking components, wheels, and tires. It's b/c those are pretty much the stuff that determines the movement of a car on the road, physically you safely.

Regardless of any brand, I heard that using thick spacers can change your suspension dynamics / geometry, and no so safe for a spirited drive. (Something like, wheel's location of its rotational axis should not be too far away from your shock strut's straight-down angle position. That's what I thought I heard from the shop lol.) Told to be careful when messing with spacers, that's all I know.

You're not the only one. Took me a while to realize mine, too haha. If your tire size is for the TL's, then you should follow TL's oem psi. If not, I'd set the pressure to somewhere between 85-90% of its max rating. ← Should be rated on your tires tho.

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

:)

I've been told not to cheap out so much on parts that change the footwork of the car: suspension & braking components, wheels, and tires. It's b/c those are pretty much the stuff that determines the movement of a car on the road, physically you safely.

Regardless of any brand, I heard spacing out wheels a lot can change your suspension dynamics / geometry, and no so safe for a spirited drive. Something like, wheel's pivot point of spinning should not be too far away from your shock strut's straight-down angle position. That's what I thought I heard from the shop lol.

You're not the only one. Took me a while to realize mine, too haha. If your tire size is for the TL's, then you should follow TL's oem psi. If not, I'd set the pressure to somewhere between 85-90% of its max rating. ← Should be rated on your tires tho.

Damn hmm.... Should I get spacers? Kind of scared to get it now because I am a spirited driver haha I usually go pretty fast.

Ok thanks! I'll look up TL PSI

Also how do I pump my tires cold? I've always wondered because I heard they warm up really fast like after like 5 minutes of driving. To drive to the gas station they would be warmed up. So should I wait a while first or

Last edited:
Back