Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

damn, that battery cover looks nice...

I hated that optima, if it weren't covered the next best thing would be a black rattle-can.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

damn, that battery cover looks nice...

I hated that optima, if it weren't covered the next best thing would be a black rattle-can.
:crazyeye: :rly: :hmmm2: :perkinswhatever: Thanks...

:iranmaybe: Maybe.

It's been effiin' cold as hell lately... (Not as bad as the East coast / central states, but...)

Decided to duct tape the rear passenger floor air vents (underneath the front seats) to get more airflow for the front, since I hardly occupy anyone in the back.... :coffee:

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score

Lol...work on heater if you got problems...

Ex I get clogged filters from fresh air (not recirc), I guess some models don't come with filters, i guess...

See if you can fit one & clean! Lotsa 'junk' up where they suck (wiper area)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Had an impulse buy. Air vent pouch for my cell phone.

IMAG4891_zps818e157b.jpg

There's a string in the back w/ a flexible metal inside. It bends any direction to fit the vent.
IMAG4889_zps48c5d68d.jpg

Where's the phone?? I was holding it. :p
IMAG4895_zpsgbhqalpr.jpg

I've always had tough times choosing the best place for my phone:

-- Had an aux air vent beverage / phone holder. → Bad, b/c the phone was too close to the vent 'n get hot in winter. Rattled like hell.

-- Placed it by the cubby hole. → Bad, b/c my OEM HU catches the phone signal 'n plays the weird noise from the speakers sometimes.

-- Placed it on an anti-slip sheet by the dash board / gage cluster. → Bad, b/c it still slips, when I drive hard.

-- Placing it in the OEM cup holder. → Not bad, but not so happy w/ it.

-- Placing it on the passenger seat. → My current spot, but can't be done when someone sits next to me.

I don't like having a holder / stand being taped on my dashboard, or modifying my interior to fit my phone, which it gets upgraded (changes it's shape) once every two years or so. Hopefully, this will be the best thing for me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score

I had one of these bolted to my passenger seat mount in my old car. It's flexible and worked out pretty well. I am thinking of grabbing one for the CG.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421564474860.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421564474860.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 138

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ That's cool. No modification required. I try not to touch my phone when I drive, but that would make me feel like I'm driving a cop car lol.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Small Update.

Threw a couple of rattle-free beverage cup coasters in my cup holders.
IMAG4606_zps65611e24.jpg

IMAG4608_zps4cbb5002.jpg

They're pretty sticky at the bottom, and the left side is a snug fit, since its in the adapter.
IMAG4609_zps1f29d143.jpg

Had a set of different ones before, but I guess they got stuck at the bottom of my drinks, and I accidently threw them away. These ones are pretty thick pieces, so hopefully they'll survive for a long time.

Slightly revised the OP for a better browsing experience. :coffee:

Thanks for looking!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Was a nice day in the afternoon, so I tried out using this microfiber glove for cleaning my wheels.
IMAG4548_zpskpmezsfk.jpg

IMAG4549_zpszapwvrgd.jpg

Have gone through several items to clean my wheels, and this seem to be the easiest one to work with. I could also reach into the inside the wheels & back of the spokes.

Saw a similar one available at Autozone as well. Gloves ftw, especially if your wheels are mesh or fin that are in hard-to-clean design.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

There has been a squeaking sound coming from my frontend for about a few weeks. I thought it was my front suspension, but I couldn't locate the spot..

I was moving 'n holding my front bumper, and noticed the same exact sound. Well, it turned out to be one of my headlights' bottom section was making a tiny, yet, a firm contact with my bumper.

Slid a newspaper to locate where exactly it was. Pulled out the paper, and it ripped in a small piece 'n stuck in that section.

No more squeak. :lol2:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

You need an exhaust. Helps block out all these old car rattles, squeaks, creaks, etc. :lawl:

Back