Question about NRG engine damper install

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
The black rubber washers that come with it. I can't figure out whether they go on the bolts attached to the engine mount and the engine strut or they go on the bolts actually fitted through the ends of the engine damper itself. The instructions are pretty vague that you get with it and there's barely any info online unless I missed a site or something. I've got the damper installed in the second pic but without the rubber washers. If you want to borrow the pic and photoshop it to show me where they go I'd really appreciate it. I turned on the car to go to work today and I forgot I installed it last night and it made a sound like the whine of a supercharger while idling. Its kinda cool listening to it through first and second gear but I know its not really supposed to do that! lol

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
the 2nd picture is how mine is installed..i never used rubber bushings..Im not sure what thats for or where they go.

and you are hearing the powersteering "whine" -that causes many i4 people to take these off because of that whine and steering wheel vibrations.

I took mine off due to when in stop and go traffic when your barly on the gas and letting the clutch out the car jumps and shakes alot due to lack of engine movment.ha
and also it kept unscrewing its self*like how yours is doing in the 2nd pic,the red part-towards the shock tower*

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
and also it kept unscrewing its self*like how yours is doing in the 2nd pic,the red part-towards the shock tower*

I've got it tightened in there pretty good but is it doing anything bad to the power steering if a noise is being generated?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im not really sure..im not even sure why it whines..but it does.ha

PSYCO G 305

Reaction score
I think they go in between the mount and the power stering and the mount and the wall. all though I never seen a damper in that place.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
whats the purpose of those, and is it suppose to make noise?

Basically it stabilizes the engine movements under load, meaning you won't lose power to the drivetrain when you accelerate from a dead stop. Its mainly IMO for engine dressup unless you couple it with other parts to stablilize the engine, but it does look nice! Its usually mounted to the engine and a rigid part of the chassis such as the strut tower. This will make the car's body vibrate a little bit more but I believe thats the reason the rubber mounts are included, to cushion the vibrations of the engine. Its not really supposed to make any noise. If I could only figure out where the heck they go...:thinking:

tnguyen600

Reaction score
im sure the rubber washers are important. I think its to absorp the vibrations a little bit better. Just so that its not metal to metal rubbing. The dampers help engine vibration and torque steer or something.

Back