k24 in 6th gen accord

Jeremiah

Reaction score
So... someone is going to be doing this? I don't care about being first... or any of that... I just would like to be able to roll this setup...

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I would love to do this I always wanted to do this swap but it comes down too money, if your not looking to spend some crazy cash I would not bother even trying. It will cost you 2 or 3 times the amount of swapping a H22 or boosting your F and that's with some down time because the swap won't happen over night with custom parts and all the fab and wiring needed to pull this off but I would love to see it.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
lol no ones done it cause its damn expensive compared to a readily available and cheap combo of h/f parts.

hmmm...my parents now have an 06 crv...think they'll notice if i put the f23 in it? :lawl:

Jeremiah

Reaction score
I know... my wife's car 07 element sc rolls a k series... why can't I have a K series... :( I also do not want an H series... if I do a motor swap, I want a 6 speed. I've owned a bb6 before, and I would love to have another one... but to me the H series looks the best in the cb7 or cd7... just not real hard in the pants for it in the cg3.

And I already have a turbo.... if this swap doesn't pop up soon, I guess I'll just build up the F that I already have....

chasnsx

Reaction score
The K-series swap is expensive. I checked around Ebay and a K24 with a six speed will cost around six grand. No one makes mounts to swap a K-series engine into a 6 gen Accord (correct me if I am wrong). However, the 7th gen Accords came stock with a K-series engine, so the big question here really is: Will the 7th gen K-series mounts bolt onto a 6th gen body? And if they won't, how much bending and cutting and welding is needed?

I think the big problem here is the speed versus money equation. You can build an H22 or a turbo F23 to make an awful lot of power for six thousand bucks. The only real advantage of doing the K24 swap is if it works, your car will be in the tuner magazines.

Chas

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
if you have the money and willing to go through the whole process through trial and error......yes

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Well that 4th gen accord was sitting at Hasport for about 6months give or take if not longer I forgot. They sell the K series 5th gen accord mounts but that's about it and that I'm sure won't be just a plug and play mount for a 6th gen.

HAS-CDK1.jpg

Back