6th gen accord transmission shift feeling

yeding

Reaction score
mine lags a little bit when it goes from 1 to 2. and I can also feel it when it downshift from 2 to 1. but both are not so bad that my girlfriend almost cant feel it when she's driving... it's worse than the 04 taurus I have and better than the 00 prizm I had before...
somebody said honda kinda shift hard by nature.
I would like to know how u guys' honda does. and what can we do to get a better shift quality. thx

cajun

Reaction score
Not the smoothest shifting AT out there. My freakin Sienna van is way smoother. I've never noticed a lag from 1-2, but the downshift from 2-1 can make me lurch forward a bit (has done this since new). As far as getter better shift quality, make sure you have Honda ATF in it and change it often enough to keep it looking new.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
i suggest u warm up the car for 5-8mins. thats wut i do and the shift is smooth as marbles. maybe not as smooth as marbles but wayyyy smoother. change ur engine oil every 3-5k and tranny fluid every 15k i think. not sure about that but also change ur oil filter.

yeding

Reaction score
thx, guys. mine is not terrible, just a little bit lag. So u can feel it when it shift. in mine taurus, if I dont look at the rpm, i cant even tell when it shifts.
any way, I guess I can live with it as long as it's normal for accord. :)

cajun

Reaction score
i suggest u warm up the car for 5-8mins. thats wut i do and the shift is smooth as marbles. maybe not as smooth as marbles but wayyyy smoother. change ur engine oil every 3-5k and tranny fluid every 15k i think. not sure about that but also change ur oil filter.

5-8 mins in Cali in the summer? Man, you're just wasting gas. Start the car and go. Just take it easy until it gets up to operating temp.

AngusTEx

Reaction score
Yep you're just wasting gas.

My friend (Honda mechanic) says just start and go like Cajun said. The car warms-up 10x faster on the go toward operating temp. Til then you can let her rip.

Back