Brake Lamp light is on

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I just removed my tail lights and blacked them out (looks sick btw), and after putting them in, making sure everything was plugged in, I wired everything up just the way it was before. Now, when I press the brake pedal, the Brake Light light on the dash immediately turns on, and stays on. I tried resetting my ECU by disconnecting the battery twice, and it didn't solve anything. I tested to make sure the brake lights were working, and all 4 were working. The left and right side, middle, and the one inside the car. Anyone else have this problem when they removed their tail lights? Can it be that the bulbs have some kinda sensor or something crazy like that and its detecting the paint? lol.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
lol no, that tail lights can't sense the paint.

Make sure to check and double check ALL your rear lights. I had a brake light burn out when I reinstalled my tails. I'd check all of your bulbs to see if maybe one looks burnt or is on it's way out.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i actually had the same problem. i snagged a 7440 bulb from my buddies civic which was in the shop at the time (don't worry, i replaced it :) ) but the light stayed on even though the both bulbs were good. it just went away the next day for whatever reason.

all the bulbs were ok but the dash light was on :thinking:

my brake light in the dash is always on when it pours, but the lights dont leak...

lwlba

Reaction score
this is probably not the case here... but if you're low on brake fluid...the light comes on too.. im sure you know that already and it's probably not what's causing your lamp on right now but juz figured to throw it out there as a possibility >.>

ccordex00

Reaction score
I had the same problem long time ago, make sure the lights work when u push the brake cause when I had that problem all 4 lights were on, when the brakes were on, one of the lights didn't light up properly.....if all 4 lights are working fine, try to check the fuse (black little box) that's inside the tailight

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I'll have to double check. It's hard to tell if any of the brake lights are not lighting up properly cuz of my smoked tail lights. Hard to see through.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
im having the same problem right now it was raining and when i drovbe to work my brake lamp came on and now it wont turn off i noticed one of them had waternot inside but near the bulbs i took them off and dumped out the water wasnt much justy a little how do i make this not happen ,i changed the bulb but light is still on

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
It may not be this, but the float on the brake fluid reservoir in our accords is sometimes faulty. This will cause the brake light to come on. Remove the brake fluid reservoir cap and move the float up and down. if it does not move freely, it may be faulty. You can also test it with a VOM by plugging into the 2 wires if you want.

dynasty

Reaction score
did you make sure the bulb is good? there are 2 coils in the bulb. sometimes the "idle" of the coil is burn out. OR the "brake" of the coil is burn out. check both sides again. i would try buying a new bulb and check it out just in case. it's okay to have a spare bulbs in case. just put it in the trunk and when it burns out, just put it back on. it would save you from a ticket if a cop pull you over.

Back