passenger axle is not popping out of the tranny!!

mdog180

Reaction score
im trying to get the passenger axle out of the tranny but it will not come out. i used a pri-bar between the inner cv joint and tranny but no good. any suggestions on what i cud do?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Keep trying is all I can say. I had a terrible time getting mine out it did eventually yeild.

Try a ball joint fork.

mdog180

Reaction score
i was thinkn that but i dont have one at home and i dont have a car to get to the parts store.
p.s i am using an angled pribar nd its a strong one.
also changed this axle 3 weeks ago and the oem one popped out easy. the axle in it right now is a gsp but i need to swap axle and this is why i am currently attempting to do this

acedomain

Reaction score
I have had this trouble before sometimes it pops out sometimes it gives u a hard time I used the fork or two flatheads, don't give up.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Try turning the axle a little bit as well, the snap ring may be in a bind on the differential.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
i had the same problem once.. wouldnt come off for the life of me.. but after alot of banging on it then wedging in a ball joint folk and hitting that with a hammer it finally came out.

mdog180

Reaction score
i finally got it out an hour later that day, i called my buddy over, he put pressure on the pri bar and i hammer the pri bar to make an impact and it poppedrite out

JDMpower25

Reaction score
use a small pry bar and hold inner cv joint straight. should pop out. alot of times when u pry it from one side it cocks a little bit preventing it from coming out. (hold it straight and pry)

Back