Short Ram Intake!

Dat99accord

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm planning to get an SRI for my car but I'm stuck between choosing two types of short ram. AEM vs Injen. I can get them at the same price at 155 but I honestly don't know the difference. One is Carb, the other is not. Ive check the reviews and some people say the AEM is better while some say Injen, but their talking about other cars. Idk about the accord though. Any suggestions?

001Stunna

Reaction score
It's a pipe with a filter on it. It makes noise and does nada for performance if you're stock.

If you need it to be CARB legal then get one that comes with a sticker...or buy the sticker on ebay and buy a generic air intake on ebay.

Dat99accord

Reaction score
So your saying i can get any? haha I live in cali. I think their pretty strict on the carb thing. i just want the sound.

Last edited:

Dat99accord

Reaction score
Actually nevermind haha, I'm going to regret buying it. Thanks thou!

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
If you live in Cali, I would get the AEM one. It's carb legal and you'll never get hassled about having an aftermarket intake on your motor. It definitely does give your car a deeper throatier tone but if you want to do that the cheaper route, you can always do a resonator delete and drop a K&N air filter in.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Make your own hybrid intake (Aftermarket metal tubing connected to OEM airbox). A decent muffler shop should be able to fab one up easily.

Back