Gabcauseican 1998 Accord Sedan EX 5 Speed

gabcauseican

Reaction score
Dude that sucks lol and also looks good. I ended up getting everything figured out this weekend. Im scared to redline it because once it goes into the red it just keeps going lol. Are you going to build the block or just turbo it as is? You probably wont get much boost before it blows because its already high compression.

Yeah.....now you know why I like 8500rpm huh?.....she has no torque ....it don't help our cars....3k weight easy.....but once vtec......No one's safe.......(mexico) before turbo......let's just say the car can do the dash.....tuner stopped me at 159mph.....he got scared.....that's why turbo indeed........just turbo.....what happens.....what happens.....got a h22.....excuse to drop it in anyway.......

capsidx

Reaction score
Yeah.....now you know why I like 8500rpm huh?.....she has no torque ....it don't help our cars....3k weight easy.....but once vtec......No one's safe.......(mexico) before turbo......let's just say the car can do the dash.....tuner stopped me at 159mph.....he got scared.....that's why turbo indeed........just turbo.....what happens.....what happens.....got a h22.....excuse to drop it in anyway.......

Yea I was scared at how fast this thing is. With some mild work it would be amazing. Im not crazy about the high revs because of how my last motor exploded. Whats your experience with this ring revving so high all the time. Does it last? Have you had anyone call you and say dude I was redlining it and it blew up? :lawl:

gabcauseican

Reaction score
Yea I was scared at how fast this thing is. With some mild work it would be amazing. Im not crazy about the high revs because of how my last motor exploded. Whats your experience with this ring revving so high all the time. Does it last? Have you had anyone call you and say dude I was redlining it and it blew up? :lawl:

I hate to rain on ya parade but no one lmao.....in my case.....every customer car I did......I went out and beat the hell out of the car......while watching afrs.....AFRS.....it's everything.....oh I'm a punk......my boy have the same setup as me(skunk2 pro 2 cams mine stock)in a civic ek......just cleaned up his afrs all the way to 9500rpm.......this was like 3 years ago.....he still daily this car to this day......btw I stay away from 8500rpm if you don't have a wideband or at least a safe basemap....... 8500rpms at 15/16 afrs wot not safe....You can't see it.....so you keep pulling......8500rpms at 13/14 safe......same pull same motor but different tunes.....ppl blame motors......I blame tuner......just sayin tho.....almost forgot.....h22 manual timing tensioner......the auto fails high rpm.....ask me how I know....lmao

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
I havent taken this timing cover off so I dont know if it had a manual conversion but since its factory I would say probably not. Im trying to stay away from 8k+ since it stops making power at like 7500. I think i'll beat on this motor less but seeing as how its got the f23 bottom end I think it will be solid like my F23 was. I still love that engine lol. This one makes me feel a little safer for sure. The H23a1 I had was cursed lol, wouldnt stop leaking and had a ton of problems from teh start. 2 grand later and it still exploded with less than 20,000 miles.

gabcauseican

Reaction score
I havent taken this timing cover off so I dont know if it had a manual conversion but since its factory I would say probably not. Im trying to stay away from 8k+ since it stops making power at like 7500. I think i'll beat on this motor less but seeing as how its got the f23 bottom end I think it will be solid like my F23 was. I still love that engine lol. This one makes me feel a little safer for sure. The H23a1 I had was cursed lol, wouldnt stop leaking and had a ton of problems from teh start. 2 grand later and it still exploded with less than 20,000 miles.

It's an auto......swapping over all my parts from the F20B to the H22 and turbo the h22........take pic of my setup.......couldnt pass up a good offer for the F20B......Sold it.....this weekend going to be busy......you still running stock intake manifold? Make sense.......I lost some low to mid range hp/torque (Skunk2 Pro intake) but trust I gain it back at upper rpms.......TUNING....TUNING.....TUNING is key.......you have an USDM ACCORD with a JDM F20B engine and asking an USDM OBD1 CIVIC ecu thats been chipped to run your motor........ it's basically a (H22) hint H22 basemap get you up n running.... but it's not a h22.....its still a F20B....... every basemap I've cleaned up...... always rich bottom end......but real lean top end(H22 was never made to rev to 8500rpms)...... get a wideband......If too rich at a certain rpm take away injectors duty cycle % and vice versa if too lean....... 13.5 wot....... no more than 2 degrees of ignition at most .......last you a lifetime....it's only science......14.7 is optimal...or pull up to NYC......didn't you say something about PA.......n I got gotchu......clean up ya afrs for you..... damn 2k......could of came to me..... $1500 to $2200 and 2 days later....accord swapped h23vtec/f20b ....skunk2 intake mani..... 4 to 1 headers .....2.5 piping.....2.5 vibrant muffler......obd2 to obd1 to stepdown harnnes.....chipped p28.......6 puck clutch........basically you just paying for parts.....im installing for free......your making me want to open up shop again.......My wife going to kill me......she always saying....some days she dont know who come first.....Honda or her......lmao.....let me tell you what she told me I my 4 inch muffler......something bout stick that not her......

capsidx

Reaction score
I prefer to do all the mechanical stuff for bragging rights lol. I do want to get this thing tuned though. I can’t tell if it’s running lean or rich but right now I think I’m safe with no o2 ( I haven’t hooked it up yet). I’m still in pa for now and I want to get this tunes before I drive it 1000 miles to Florida lol. I have a chipped p28 so a tune is possible. How much do you think me bringing it there would run me in NY

Back