PuzzleMaster94's J32 6MT 1999 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe (56k)

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Been a while since updated again. In the trailing end of getting Richie's Harness wired up. I wrote a DIY about it, that can be found here and in my signature. Hopefully it runs as I expect it to.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Well I got the harness in. And it actually runs. And over 2,000 rpm. Got to finish up the DIY on it, but it feels good to have that done. Now just to figure out my temp gauge and problem with rad fans. But this time, the motor revs out. And it sounds totally different than the J30. It's gonna be a fun time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Bump. Figured out some more issues today.

Idle was erratic due to a bad IACV, swapped the J30 one on there and the engine purrs at idle right where it should.

My dad read somewhere online that the sensor by the thermostat controls the fans, so I jumped that connector and the fans came right on. So another part I'm replacing with parts from the J30.

Now to just figure out the temp gauge, I'll be set

Connie

Reaction score
Bump. Figured out some more issues today.

Idle was erratic due to a bad IACV, swapped the J30 one on there and the engine purrs at idle right where it should.

My dad read somewhere online that the sensor by the thermostat controls the fans, so I jumped that connector and the fans came right on. So another part I'm replacing with parts from the J30.

Now to just figure out the temp gauge, I'll be set

Wow dude good work!
Good find on the fan issue too; I bet that'll come in handy when I try and copy you.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Bump after a long time.

So, still in limp mode. Have tried two different types of wiring diagrams and still nothing. Have personally talked to Richie and a few others, they are stumped as well.

Other than that, the car is basically just sitting around until I figure out this stuff.

But I do now have some EDM tailights, Progress rear sway, and a few other goodies waiting to go on.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Bummer dude. With how many people are doing this swap, I would think someone else would have run into what you are experiencing by now. Must either be something small/simple that would only be found by looking for it specifically, or some weird and unusual gremlin somewhere.

I bet if your car was in Rich's shop, he could figure it out one way or another. But I realize that is likely not an option. Any other leads? Or is it kind of dead in the water for now.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
It has been a while. Good news.

Car now has AEM along with a few other goodies coming for it as well. Still diving into the wiring and all that, but looks to be just a tuning thing from here on out

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Havent updated in a while. Car actually still runs, but has developed an idle bounce. Bounces between 500-3000 and continues like this for a while. Still trying to work on figuring that out.

In other news, while working on the idle bounce problem, I started tearing everything apart to fit all the stuff I never got around to. This has turned into fixing rust, replacing parts of the exhaust and other little minor stuff that adds up. Most of the little stuff is getting taken care of now while I have the time and the space, but hopefully soon I can get the car back to 100%. Ill post some pictures on how she is looking

Back