Enne's 1999 Accord LX sedan 2.3 L - Selene

Enne

Reaction score
Back in January, I witnessed the car freaking out upon starting, and the radio/clock being reset, so I immediately called the nearest parts store that carried batteries and had them look up one for the Accord. It had been getting progressively harder and harder to start her in the morning and this was the final straw.

Got there, popped the hood so the guy could confirm the battery type. I told him I replaced the battery a few years ago with one from AutoZone. He goes "That ain't the right battery, it's too small. AutoZone gave you the wrong one." :eh:

When I replaced that battery in July 2015, the old one had completely died. So I called AutoZone and had them get one ready for me to pick up. Gave them all the info on the car. Mind you, the car wasn't even mine yet. I get there, pay for it, head back, and find out the posts are reversed. Wrong battery. I went back and got the same one with the posts on the correct sides... Installed it, no real problems until now in winter 2017.

And I come to find out all this time I had the wrong battery in it :squintrun:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
sounds like autozone :lawl: i never have any luck at those chain auto parts stores. i mean, i find the stuff i want most of the time, but it's the employees that i try to avoid...which is hard to do when you have to pay for things :lawl: i dart in and out of those stores as quickly as i can before one of the employees tries to force me to buy something :ioof6: all i ever go to them for is oil for my car and electrical stuff if i need it. the people at napa in my town are nice though, that's the only place though haha.

Enne

Reaction score
Just last week when I changed the ATF in the Prelude, and I went to that same AutoZone, they didn't have a single funnel that was small enough to fit into an ATF dipstick hole. How do you, one of the largest auto parts store chains in the country, not sell a funnel that small. I had to make my own instead. :mad:

capsidx

Reaction score
Didn’t realize you did such an awesome job cleaning that up. What’s also amazing is how well everything help up to the abuse. All those trim pieces look factory fresh with nary a sign of flaking. Classic Honda material choices ftw lol.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
sounds like autozone :lawl: i never have any luck at those chain auto parts stores. i mean, i find the stuff i want most of the time, but it's the employees that i try to avoid...which is hard to do when you have to pay for things :lawl: i dart in and out of those stores as quickly as i can before one of the employees tries to force me to buy something :ioof6: all i ever go to them for is oil for my car and electrical stuff if i need it. the people at napa in my town are nice though, that's the only place though haha.

I've been getting the parts I need now from O'Reilly's. My son's buddy works there, and gives me a discount when he can. He's also willing to look stuff up when I need something "odd".
Been buying my oil from Tractor supply, as it's almost half what the Zone wants for oil. I just get my oil filter there. ;)

Enne

Reaction score
Advance Auto seems to be a little more reliable in parts availability IMO... Had to get an EGR valve gasket for the Prelude; AutoZone said they had one but they didn't so I went across the street to AA lol.

Anyway. Selene is still going strong. She needs brakes, oil and ATF changed soon. Once I'm done fixing up the Prelude for a while I'll get that stuff done. Her inspection isn't up til November.

Enne

Reaction score
Got her inspected in November; she passed of course! Got new brakes and oil changed, plus I had the distributor o-ring replaced. Though, I think the inner dizzy seal is leaking because she's still losing oil somewhere. So, I guess it's time for a new distributor, because it's easier to just replace the whole thing than do that seal correctly.

She's got her winter wheels and tires on. Don't plan on doing much else besides driving for a long while. She's running good and shifting well. Rolled over 160k a few weeks ago. Here's to another 160k lol.

Enne

Reaction score
Wow, have I really not updated this in a year, TO THE DAY? lmao

She passed inspection this November, after replacing the upstream o2 sensor, EVAP canister vent shut and bypass valve to get rid of codes P1457 and P0420. I think I spent about $200 in parts for those. Haven't had the codes show up since then.

Got her winter tires on around November 26th, then the radiator sprung a leak and I had that replaced. $54 on RockAuto for a new OEM replacement. Did both hoses and radiator cap as well. All's been well since.

She's now at 172k miles! For Christmas I bought her a set of OEM rubber floor mats. They look great and they'll keep the carpet nice.
672421742128e0d4b110babb26440c60.jpg

e29b5b0db93dfeca71d235ffb1b38a04.jpg

64de97d1185d6d79e8f220e885bf78d5.jpg

cg4ever

Reaction score
Wow, have I really not updated this in a year, TO THE DAY? lmao

She passed inspection this November, after replacing the upstream o2 sensor, EVAP canister vent shut and bypass valve to get rid of codes P1457 and P0420. I think I spent about $200 in parts for those. Haven't had the codes show up since then.

Got her winter tires on around November 26th, then the radiator sprung a leak and I had that replaced. $54 on RockAuto for a new OEM replacement. Did both hoses and radiator cap as well. All's been well since.

She's now at 172k miles! For Christmas I bought her a set of OEM rubber floor mats. They look great and they'll keep the carpet nice.
672421742128e0d4b110babb26440c60.jpg

e29b5b0db93dfeca71d235ffb1b38a04.jpg

64de97d1185d6d79e8f220e885bf78d5.jpg
isn't your heel to slippery on this rubber mat ?

Back