Frankensteins Official Thread

capsidx

Reaction score
Should be relatively easy with the tl ecu and Powertrain. In fact the wheel should be the easiest part to set up. The hardest part will be the mounts and engine setup. As far as putting the power down that’s no issue because I’m literally just moving the engine back. Not transversing it or anything. No weird custom driveshafts or anything. The reason I want to use the coupe is because it literally looks like a mini nsx to begin with. Mostly for the trunk style and what you said. Those tail lights lol. Once I’m done with my sedan I’ll probably start this project. Might take me a few years but I should be able to pick up a coupe at some point for next to nothing. Especially if it’s got a blown motor.

capsidx

Reaction score
Alright dudes. After like 3 plus months of heavy engine braking, surging and hesitation I finally figured it out. I had a chip for the ecu made until I can get a tune. I told the tuner I wanted the iacv and Iab disabled for a few reasons. The individual throttle bodies in the manifold on the f20b are electronically and vacuum controlled. The block box had the nipple broke off the end so those were useless.

The iacv I wanted disabled because I would have to swap manifolds to go from 3 wire to 2 wire for my obd1 ecu. I chose an obd1 ecu so I can get tunes and upgrades later. So having no check engine light it was always in the back of my head that it could be the iacv since I had this issue before and it was the problem on my h23a1.

Few things I tried they probably needed to be done anyways: seafoam, clean out egr port, egr block off, PCV hooked up until I can get a catch can and all vacuum lines were triple checked and capped with vacuum caps.

Today I kept looking at the iacv I pulled a few weeks ago from a junkyard integra. It’s been sitting on my dresser for a while. Decided to finally go try to hook it up since I had nothing to lose. Fired up the car after wiring it up and I felt the solenoid click and the hesitation was gone. So I’m sure if anyone has low rpm hesitation but vtec engages it’s probably not your tps, it’s most likely your iacv. Long winded but I’m excited to drive a normal car again :lawl:

Last edited:

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Alright dudes. After like 3 plus months of heavy engine braking, surging and hesitation I finally figured it out. I had a chip for the ecu made until I can get a tune. I told the tuner I wanted the iacv and Iab disabled for a few reasons. The individual throttle bodies in the manifold on the f20b are electronically and vacuum controlled. The block box had the nipple broke off the end so those were useless.

The iacv I wanted disabled because I would have to swap manifolds to go from 3 wire to 2 wire for my obd1 ecu. I chose an obd1 ecu so I can get tunes and upgrades later. So having no check engine light it was always in the back of my head that it could be the iacv since I had this issue before and it was the problem on my h23a1.

Few things I tried they probably needed to be done anyways: seafoam, clean out egr port, egr block off, PCV hooked up until I can get a catch can and all vacuum lines were triple checked and capped with vacuum caps.

Today I kept looking at the iacv I pulled a few weeks ago from a junkyard integra. It’s been sitting on my dresser for a while. Decided to finally go try to hook it up since I had nothing to lose. Fired up the car after wiring it up and I felt the solenoid click and the hesitation was gone. So I’m short if anyone has low rpm hesitation but vtec engages it’s probably not your tps, it’s most likely your iacv. Long winded but I’m excited to drive a normal car again :lawl:
[emoji1591][emoji41][emoji1591]

capsidx

Reaction score
Found some wicked terminal corrosion. Seemed to happen overnight. Since I just put about 1000 continuous miles on the car I’ll watch it and see if it comes back. Maybe going from Florida straight to pa had something to do with it?

ab5b641812a39a979b90e54850fc7cd3.heic
b0685a2e9a9004ecb7513d73a1c426a9.heic
4232abffde0723b226749e11cd030126.heic

capsidx

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is still on here, however, I’ll throw up some progress pictures for the thread to keep it current. I’ve lowered the car with some truhart lowering struts and Megan racing lower springs. They required some work to cooperate together but other than the occasional slight bottoming out on bad highway overpasses, the ride is much more comfortable.

As with any coilover setup, braking, straight line stability and cornering have drastically improved. The F20b has been trouble free and has required nothing but basic maintenance since it’s installation.

5e1bf2005a43f10262b093387134b000.png
004c8315cb46aade577c1fbce2b02a52.jpg
fd8ef235794b0062b02a4264b633852d.jpg
d77c95fe7c6db5d6181f7c4ab80f72fd.jpg
ff93dfa2ca865f414e657b0346f90651.png
12b487ff754a2f635c878a2c5e2a39ce.jpg

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for updates. Im in the planning stages of a f20b swap as well on my 5 speed. Will be asking you questions.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Boyee, car looks good. But damn those wheels look too small. Some 17's would be nice, 18's would fit perfectly.

capsidx

Reaction score
Thanks for updates. Im in the planning stages of a f20b swap as well on my 5 speed. Will be asking you questions.
Any particular reason for swapping? Lol. Just curious. I think your money would be much better spent on your current engine but I’ll be happy to answer any questions for a measly 1 billion dollars and a ticket to Japan so I can visit Type 1 :lawl:

M
Boyee, car looks good. But damn those wheels look too small. Some 17's would be nice, 18's would fit perfectly.

I know. But to be honest these wheels were free. I can’t complain since they’re an upgrade from the steelies :lawl: I have to take them off for winter though so it’s back to the steelies. Cant wait to get back to Florida. No snow there. Just those vicious curbs and driveways lol.

Back