My 2000 Accord Coupe 5spd

Mateus1501

Reaction score
I am 18 and this is my first car, a manual 2000 Honda Accord Coupe, 2.3l SOHC inline four cylinder. I bought it for CAD$2100 in March 2018, has only 98k miles or 158k km. I bought it completely stock, the only problem was a slipping clutch which I already replaced with a new clutch kit and flywheel. I want to keep a clean look, not modify it too much but certainly make it my own.

Mods:

Suspension/Wheels

- 17' Wheels on 205/45 Antares Ingens a1. (Bought the setup used for only $375, and the tires have 95% tread left).

- 15' Integra Type R lightweight rims on 185/65 Goodyear Nordics winter tires (rims were $250 used and Tires were $150 with 90% tread left)

Interior

-Skunk2 Black shift knob ($15/new)

Aesthetics

-Oem factory rear spoiler ($50/used)
-Painted Calipers red
-Carbon fiber license plate cover ($12/new)

Future mods:

-DC Sports EX-5016 muffler (waiting to be installed)($70/new)
-Universal Front Lip (shipped, going to see if it looks good or not)
-DC Sports cold air intake
-Coilovers (give me suggestions, want to spend less than CAD$700)
-Short Shifter (give me suggestions, if anyone has one to sell as well)
-Slotted and drilled rotors
-exhaust headers (suggestions for less than $200, and that won't make car louder

Repairs needed:

-EVAP light
-Daytime lights not working

Thank you for reading and I'll post more as I modify it, leave any suggestions or comments please.

25yTxVJ

25yTybd

25yTxNj

25yTyHA

25yTzME

25yTBmw

Link to google photos album:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5uQV3H3DMGHerV7v8

i did take the steering wheel cover off

Last edited:

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Check the front suspension/ball joints. I had a ball joint shear in half screwing up more than just the ball joint. Laid the car on the ground and the tire was 90 degrees to the car.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Car looks good so far. As for suspension, the best bang for your buck would be Function & Form Type 1 coilovers. They’re $500+/- USD. I had them on my Integra before and loved it. I’m thinking of purchasing them for my sedan. And for pics, try uploading them to Flickr and copying the “[ img ]” source they provide.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Car looks good, do what you can to protect that paint. Swapping the woodgrain to the silver pieces really sets off a black interior in my opinion. Good call on the manual.

snip33r

Reaction score
welcome to the site. if you are interested in getting OEM Honda front, rear & side underpoiler kit, let me know. thought ask you since you are local and my be interested

Mateus1501

Reaction score
Car looks good so far. As for suspension, the best bang for your buck would be Function & Form Type 1 coilovers. They’re $500+/- USD. I had them on my Integra before and loved it. I’m thinking of purchasing them for my sedan. And for pics, try uploading them to Flickr and copying the “[ img ]” source they provide.

I will look into those for sure, I am either going for Function & Form or Yonaka, whichever one is easier and cheaper to get. And thank you for the flickr suggestion.

Welcome to the site. Car looks good, do what you can to protect that paint. Swapping the woodgrain to the silver pieces really sets off a black interior in my opinion. Good call on the manual.

I am doing my best to protect the paint, but I will soon do a complete clean and polish also using a clay bar, the paint does not feel very smooth and there are a few scratches to be polished, but I will do my best. And about the woodgrain to silver, I was thinking of wrapping the woodgrain pieces with a carbon fibre wrap, or spray painting them, or like you said getting new pieces. Which of the three you think would work best?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back