Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I recently picked up an under carriage splash guard for a 2017 accord and I’m going to retro fit it onto Frankenstein. I don’t like road grime and water getting on my oil pan and engine and feel like they should have installed one from factory. Looks like they didn’t start making them until 2017. So that’s where I’m at now lol. It actually covers everything up until the exhaust tunnel so the engine is completely covered from road garbage.

Unless it's got a heat shield, you might want to rethink adding it. The exhaust will melt that plastic the first time it gets warm enough. It's either that, or add a heat shield to it. :)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I think that’s what I’m going to do. I planned on selling the car but after putting so much into it I won’t get that back so I guess now that it drives I guess it’s back to cosmetics lol. The original plan was to start cosmetically but unfortunately engines became the source of the money. I can’t wait to start lowering the car and making it look the way I want to. Unlike you I get parts that weren’t designed for the CG and try to retrofit them. I know life would be simpler if I just bought a lip kit for the car but knowing me I would buy one for like a GTR and heat it up, chop it and fit it just to say I have a gtr lip lol. Even though it will probably look just about the same as the one for the cg. I recently picked up an under carriage splash guard for a 2017 accord and I’m going to retro fit it onto Frankenstein. I don’t like road grime and water getting on my oil pan and engine and feel like they should have installed one from factory. Looks like they didn’t start making them until 2017. So that’s where I’m at now lol. It actually covers everything up until the exhaust tunnel so the engine is completely covered from road garbage. Once I’m done with that I think some new fenders and a 99 hood is next. Too bad the 2000 hood I have doesn’t fit right so water and snow get in there. I think I’ll take your advice though and lower it first. A lower car with stiffer springs is better for cornering anyway :lawl: someone told me they liked my accord because it’s like a truck. I can just slide under and do an oil change lol. I’m still on factory suspension so I feel like I am in a boat although it handles pretty well still.
You should keep the Accord forever like me lol. Indeed, I do prefer getting direct bolt-on parts, but sometimes I end up getting retro-fitted parts, like my 9th gen Accord cat back exhausts haha. You get those happy feelings of being a little different than any other 6ga's, right? Sounds like you got some fun projects waiting for you, have fun! But yeah, lowering the ride height will be more efficient imo b/c you can be familiar with your ground clearance in advance. It would also be easy to simulate your different wheel/tire fitment set up as well.

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
Definitely going to lower it first. I want to get into suspension because Frankenstein needs it horribly but I’m still getting my odds and ends taken care of. Recently put on a 2017 splash guard and new wheel well liners because I was tired of pa road garbage getting my motor dirty. The 2017 splash guard covers a lot more. I really want to cover as much as I can underneath. Can’t wait to rock free, salt free Florida roads lol.
838af4940fee56e35ec565bffb765f64.jpg
80a3550e05737111969270e9764c5c90.jpg
907bbed60ab31ed80afbf4f6d972af8a.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Oh hey, thnx for the update. :lawl: GJ, be sure to post those to ur thread tho :lawl:

capsidx

Reaction score
Didn’t think about that lol I almost never update my thread anymore :lawl: I know you’re all about fitment so that under carriage splash shield probably doesn’t interest you :lawl:

Snique88

Reaction score
When you replace the alternator with the Odyssey did that also change the lighting illuminations on the dashboard because I swamped out my old alternator for new one even after charging my battery and now I'm having power surges while I'm driving.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ I suppose you meant the brightness. but no, it didn't change it at all though.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Took my 1-yr-old son out for a drive for the 1st time. Drove to the beach 'n had some food-truck style tacos. Was a blast!

Set my Tein to the softest settings for him, and I totally forgot how soft it could be. He slept like a rock on our way back lol.
69e6ff44fbcc116aff71c8e95a57be5e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

capsidx

Reaction score
I wish I could ride with my son in the car. I was told it was the last time he was riding in my car the first time [emoji28]. You’re lucky lol

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
He's been in my wife's Pilot ever since he was an infant, so I guess he's kind of getting used to stay in a car by now haha. He usually falls asleep after a few minutes of a drive, and sleeps all the way though out the whole trip lol. I guess those road noise 'n bumps induce his sleepiness haha. He's still one, so he won't remember this trip, but I took a bunch of photos and videos, so at least, he will think that he remembers, when he get's older haha.

Back