hmm some help

Daku

Reaction score
Hey, i got my side sun visors off egay today, they come with a 3m double sided tape backing.
I am not too sure how strong the tape is(its like 1cm wide), my eye lids came with 3m tape but they came off once after a few washes
also i live in Canada:canada:, so ice and snow in the winter gets rough, bascially i wanna know how else can i mount them thats more durable than double sided tape, or do you guys think the tape is enough

finch13

Reaction score
sun visors? like window vents? we usually recommend the in-channel ones because they stay attached.

clean the area with acetone/mineral spirits/alcohol before you apply them, thats about all you can do.

juicebox00

Reaction score

Daku

Reaction score
yeah eh? so you guys think they would be able to withstand the weather?
lets hope so, i cant figure out a way i could be able to fasten them down

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
mine are all on the car after a year...down near the mirrors especially you'll end up with a gap where the tape doesn't attach 100%.

only thing you can do is find a wider strip of tape or a stronger variety...

Deshon2688

Reaction score
You should be fine. Florida has some pretty rough weather and mine stay on with no problem. What you could also do is get some 3m tape of ur own to fill in any extra gaps and extend all the way to the edges. Thats what I did for my eyelids also and no problems at all.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
a little wind and rain? let me guess: your roads suck too? ever been in the midwest?

we had some hail the other day...kind of surprising i didnt lose a visor. the only thing i wont do is take my car through an automatic wash with the brushes or blowers...ive seen the blowers take visors off...

Back