Sino's 1999 Accord EX Sedan 5MT (56k)

Sino

Reaction score
Welcome to my thread! This here's a 1999 Honda Accord EX 2.3L paired with 5 speed manual transmission. It's not the fastest or the prettiest, but it's got a hell of a lot of sentimental value.

Mods
intake resonator removed
interior and exterior lighting replaced with LEDs
map light trim replaced with one with HomeLink
3rd brake light flasher module installed

Projects
August 2015 - Switchback LED Turn Signals
April 2015 - LED Brake Lights
January-April 2015 - Engine Overhaul (last updated 5/1)
October 2014 - Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 Headlight Projector Retrofit

Future Projects
tint taillight lens (red section)
restore oem alloys
vinyl wrap gloss midnight blue
perhaps one day an H22A4 swap

Maintenance Log
04.02.16 100800mi - Upstream 02 sensor replaced (Denso)
08.01.15 98829mi - valve stem seals & fuel filter replaced
07.30.15 98622mi - fuel system cleaner added with gas fillup (Valvoline)
06.05.15 98231mi - oil change (Amsoil), Honda filter
04.30.15 98000mi - engine overhaul
06.06.14 - STP cabin air filter
03.23.14 95450mi - tires

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
Great, quality work. I respect the time and effort put into your projects and hope to see many more.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Great quality pics, How much was the total cost of restoring the engine?

Sino

Reaction score
Still working on it, but I'll tally it all up when I'm done. What's left is some rusty brackets here and there in the engine bay that I'd like to paint before I drop it back in. My brother took my alternator apart so he can shine up the housing lol. He's got seals to replace on the transmission and I've got all the hose clamps that I want to try blackening with an Eastwood kit I bought. Shouldn't be more than two weeks tops to finish. Only finally got a decent weather day up here yesterday to hose down the engine compartment. I'd like to throw a bit of wax on the painted surfaces in there as well.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Damn that is really impressive, practically looks like a brand new motor. That must feel so good to know your motor has been thoroughly cleaned inside and out, and that you’ve protected it for the future. That is one regret I have with my swap, but didn't have the time to clean/paint everything while the motor/trans was out.

Your pics were incredible to look through, that thing’s gonna look pretty sitting in there. Problem is now you have to deep clean the bay to match the engine lol.

Last edited:

twofast4u

Reaction score
That is an amazing and detailed rebuild process. Did you notice any power differences since the rebuild? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it all cost you?

Sino

Reaction score
Aiming at dropping the engine in the sunday after next. Then I'll tally up receipts. I should probably have some anti-nausea meds on hand for that lol. Given how absolutely sludged intake manifold, idle air valve, throttle body, VTEC solenoid were, I'd be surprised if power and gas mileage aren't improved.

Back