Sino's 1999 Accord EX Sedan 5MT (56k)

Sino

Reaction score
Car went for a drive yesterday, smooth as silk. Going to let my brother break it in for around 100 miles while I pay him for labor with a comprehensive detail of his Civic, then change oil and put in synthetic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

james'99

Reaction score
Car went for a drive yesterday, smooth as silk. Going to let my brother break it in for around 100 miles while I pay him for labor with a comprehensive detail of his Civic, then change oil and put in synthetic.

What oil do you think you'll put in? I personally love Mobil 1 extended performance with the complimenting filter, in this case, M1-104.

Sino

Reaction score
Ordered 12 quarts of Amsoil 5-20 a while back, with the trial preferred customer discount it came out cheaper than buying anything retail.

Sino

Reaction score
Thanks, took a couple of hours, half of which was looking up part numbers. Honda invoices aren't the most descriptive. Then there was me trying to remember the different A/C line O-rings, which were complicated by having first ordered the wrong ones because the diagram on Honda is wrong: it says both the thick and thin long A/C lines use the same size O-ring.

Parts total came out cheaper than I thought, mostly because of the bearings/rings the machine shop used. I just hope they last.

Sino

Reaction score
Compustar alarm/remote start nearly done, just a couple of wonky door inputs to sort out. Broke a bolt on that bracket under the back end of the center console, going to try and leave it there if I can. Also realized I messed up a few trim pieces with strong simple green when I bought the car. Couple more items for my junkyard list.
Been restoring the vinyl trim around the windows, looks a lot better but Renu is a bit streaky on it, works so much better on hard textured plastic; wiper cowl came out awesome.

james'99

Reaction score
Compustar alarm/remote start nearly done, just a couple of wonky door inputs to sort out. Broke a bolt on that bracket under the back end of the center console, going to try and leave it there if I can. Also realized I messed up a few trim pieces with strong simple green when I bought the car. Couple more items for my junkyard list.
Been restoring the vinyl trim around the windows, looks a lot better but Renu is a bit streaky on it, works so much better on hard textured plastic; wiper cowl came out awesome.

Not sure if I already mentioned it to you but...

http://www.car-part.com/

Sino

Reaction score
Love that site, used it a lot looking at the different factory rims. Not too worried about it yet, it's a bit soft and tacky but still usable.

Sino

Reaction score
Swapped the autozone oil I used to break in the engine for Amsoil 5w-20. Nothing on drain plug magnet except for a little bit of metallic paste. Must be the extent of the piston ring seating. For now, she seems to be running like a clock.

Alarm installation is finally wrapped up. In the future if I get alloy wheels I'm going to install a backup battery and probably a tilt sensor as well. One day I'd also like to switch the door triggers from the dome light to individual door switch inputs. Mostly a quality of life thing stemming from the dimming dome light and the fact that it turns on as soon as you take the key out of the ignition, meaning you have a few seconds to bail out of the car so you can set reservation mode. Auto relock doesn't work either because when you unlock the car, the dome light kicks on, which the alarm interprets as a door opening.

I'm also going to be swapping my LED front turn signals to stock bulbs until i can figure out what's wrong with them. I don't like the fact that current is backfeeding into the cluster.

Back