Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe EX

From what I understand about manual trannies the only things you can really do to minimize wear is to ride the clutch as little as possible and to try and match RPMs when you shift gears. The latter I believe is what increases the longevity of the synchros.
Ok thanks for helping me out guys! I can drive my car with my mind at ease now haha

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score

FML...... Passenger side is screwed up.....

711417b11c2089a4f05f55b25e47551e.jpg

Driver side is nice though. Here's a pic of them on my car. Just finished them. Still needs to be aimed though.

f5e248c7cce020fd3e9c877b2293a3a5.jpg

Sino

Reaction score

I feel your pain man, I have to bake my passenger one open again, somehow I can't adjust it high enough anymore. Going to take my time and see if I can get the projector to sit farther back, it was pretty much touching the headlight lens.

phi1542

Reaction score

I feel your pain man, I have to bake my passenger one open again, somehow I can't adjust it high enough anymore. Going to take my time and see if I can get the projector to sit farther back, it was pretty much touching the headlight lens.
Yeah man I'm hella mad about this! I will probably order another set of shrouds to fix this.... I think the housing needs to be shaved a bit too because the shroud won't sit right. I hate looking at the passenger side, it sticks out like a sore thumb smh

Sino

Reaction score

Can you reuse the aluminium lock ring? I was going to order another pair when I get around to fixing mine but if you can reuse it, at least once, I'll save myself some cash.

phi1542

Reaction score

Can you reuse the aluminium lock ring? I was going to order another pair when I get around to fixing mine but if you can reuse it, at least once, I'll save myself some cash.
Yeah I don't see why not. I've reused the same projectors in 3 different sets because mine kept getting wrecked. If it's still in good condition no need to buy a new set

phi1542

Reaction score

Picked up a mint RSX steering wheel to get a functional air bag and I put a Honda sticker on it. The Honda sticker kind of sucks for $20 but whatever better than having an Acura sign lol i really wanted the EP3 airbag but they are so hard to find. Anyways once I get this installed my AP1 steering wheel will be for sale if anyone is interested. Also decided to just leave the shrouds alone on the retros. It isnt super noticeable but if you look at it you can kind of tell its off. It wasnt worth the time and money for me

fce058e5cf77444d6eba4d66c2163e9d.jpg

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

Just found out my Acura RL calipers are a lost cause. There is no way in fixing them so I just gotta scrap them. I ordered remanufactured ones today and will send those back to get my core refund. So hopefully I can do this brake upgrade soon lol

Also my rear shocks are completely blown from the accident and ride like complete trash. CX racing doesnt seem like they repair their coilovers. They never replied to my emails and its been months. I'm sick of driving my car and bouncing around everywhere so I just placed my order for some XLR8 ISC coilovers. Heard nothing but good things about these so I'm excited to get them. Thank god for paypal credit LOL

Back