Enne's 1999 Accord LX sedan 2.3 L - Selene

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Someone did this to my car and didn't even leave an "I'm sorry I ruined part of your car thus making it illegal to drive" note.

962a4ef119f017322bac050f5f31099f.jpg
d7a886ad6c67266abba65adfd6163de2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What a **** bag move, that sux man

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Someone did this to my car and didn't even leave an "I'm sorry I ruined part of your car thus making it illegal to drive" note.

962a4ef119f017322bac050f5f31099f.jpg
d7a886ad6c67266abba65adfd6163de2.jpg

I know you got this fixed, but it sucks that people just don't care about other peoples stuff any more. My wife had an incident back while she was still driving her mini van. She was loading groceries in the sliding door when someone parked on the left side of the van. The passenger gets out, slaming their door into the side of the van. My wife goes around to that side and says WTF?? Needless to say they were very surprised to see her standing there (catching them in the act). She gave them an earful of being pissed that they just dented the side of her 90 GMC van. But they just blew her off. It seems like you just can't have anything nice any more, because idiots just don't give a crap.:banghead:

Enne

Reaction score
I know you got this fixed, but it sucks that people just don't care about other peoples stuff any more. My wife had an incident back while she was still driving her mini van. She was loading groceries in the sliding door when someone parked on the left side of the van. The passenger gets out, slaming their door into the side of the van. My wife goes around to that side and says WTF?? Needless to say they were very surprised to see her standing there (catching them in the act). She gave them an earful of being pissed that they just dented the side of her 90 GMC van. But they just blew her off. It seems like you just can't have anything nice any more, because idiots just don't give a crap.:banghead:

Your wife could've had a little fun and called the cops to report an accident! I bet they wouldn't be able to just blow off a police officer asking them why they winged their door open into another car. If cops in your area respond to those kinds of calls, I mean. If not, a good keying might have been in order...

Last year, some idiot opened the door of their huge white luxury SUV and slammed it into my driver's side mirror while I was sitting in the car with the window down. I just kinda turned and looked at her. She started going "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and when I asked if she was fine (meaning her car), she replied "Yeah, yeah, yeah", got in the car and drove off. There wasn't even a mark on my car, but there was a nice black skid mark on her door from the dip. Haha

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Your wife could've had a little fun and called the cops to report an accident! I bet they wouldn't be able to just blow off a police officer asking them why they winged their door open into another car. If cops in your area respond to those kinds of calls, I mean. If not, a good keying might have been in order...

Last year, some idiot opened the door of their huge white luxury SUV and slammed it into my driver's side mirror while I was sitting in the car with the window down. I just kinda turned and looked at her. She started going "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and when I asked if she was fine (meaning her car), she replied "Yeah, yeah, yeah", got in the car and drove off. There wasn't even a mark on my car, but there was a nice black skid mark on her door from the dip. Haha

Yeah, she could have called the cops and stood around waiting for them to arrive, but she just gave them a dirty look, and humiliated them to others in the parking lot. Sometimes it's better to turn the other cheek and shame someone, than it is to make a big deal out of being careless. Who knows, it might (I doubt it though) make them think twice about paying attention to what they're doing.
At least now with her Accord (she's got a 2000 LX sedan), it's got the rubber side strip on the sides to prevent some door dings. I mean her car is in pretty decent condition, but the PO must have been half blind as all 4 corners of the bumper covers have some scratches (like catching the openings of a garage). They were there when I bought it for her, and we haven't really done anything with them (she's too busy driving it) yet, but maybe this summer I'll get a chance to fix them. They're really the only thing that bothers us, well that and the dent in the rear passenger door (also was there when I bought it). But then it's 17 years old now, and has 235,000 miles on it and it runs great, which is what we were mainly after. Hell even the doors still close with that nice sounding thud. It doesn't have any air leaks around the windows or doors when closed and going down the interstate at 80mph with the AC and the cruise on, so we've just trying to maintain it.

Enne

Reaction score
At least now with her Accord (she's got a 2000 LX sedan), it's got the rubber side strip on the sides to prevent some door dings. I mean her car is in pretty decent condition, but the PO must have been half blind as all 4 corners of the bumper covers have some scratches (like catching the openings of a garage). They were there when I bought it for her, and we haven't really done anything with them (she's too busy driving it) yet, but maybe this summer I'll get a chance to fix them. They're really the only thing that bothers us, well that and the dent in the rear passenger door (also was there when I bought it). But then it's 17 years old now, and has 235,000 miles on it and it runs great, which is what we were mainly after. Hell even the doors still close with that nice sounding thud. It doesn't have any air leaks around the windows or doors when closed and going down the interstate at 80mph with the AC and the cruise on, so we've just trying to maintain it.

You could replace those bumper covers for pretty cheap and by yourself :) It'd be a little more for you guys since you'd need it painted whereas I didn't. I've replaced both on mine. I am slowly getting the body damage repaired, like I got that big dent in the rear quarter panel done in December I think. That was the main cosmetic issue that was keeping it from really looking nice. Now I have to get the dents in both rear doors done, and that'll be it. She'll be dent-free!

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Yeah, she could have called the cops and stood around waiting for them to arrive, but she just gave them a dirty look, and humiliated them to others in the parking lot. Sometimes it's better to turn the other cheek and shame someone, than it is to make a big deal out of being careless. Who knows, it might (I doubt it though) make them think twice about paying attention to what they're doing.

I'm not gonna lie. If it happened to me the other vehicle would have slashed tires and deep scratches from my knife.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
You could replace those bumper covers for pretty cheap and by yourself :) It'd be a little more for you guys since you'd need it painted whereas I didn't. I've replaced both on mine. I am slowly getting the body damage repaired, like I got that big dent in the rear quarter panel done in December I think. That was the main cosmetic issue that was keeping it from really looking nice. Now I have to get the dents in both rear doors done, and that'll be it. She'll be dent-free!

I'm not too worried about the scratches, as I can fix them (I do body work on the side) easy enough (plus they're in the plastic so they don't rust). I'd like to find a RR door, as that would make life easier. Otherwise I gotta pull the inner panel off and move the metal from the inside. I think the PO nudged 1 of those concrete pillars at a gas station, and got the door with it. At least that's what it looks like to me. I'll know more when I dig into it. My 99 has little dents down the side in an almost row that kind of tick me off. I'm really not ready to paint that car, but it'll probably need to get done when I do the rust repairs.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I completely hear you guys loud and clear about people not caring about denting peoples cars in parking lots, I feel like I have more dents then a golf ball at this point from that kind of douche baggery.

Where I live, the only time I saw someone actually feel crappy about denting a car was because the parking lot was full of people and they all saw the kid open his door and smash it into a brand new Porsche.

I kid you not, the kids mom looked around to see if anyone saw and then she noticed they did and not till then did she proceed to freak out at the kid which she should have been opening the door for in the first place.

Thus proving unless you get lucky and have someone with a conscious, they simply are going to ignore defacing your car as wrong as it is morally.

Back