Enne's 1999 Accord LX sedan 2.3 L - Selene

Enne

Reaction score
Haha, don't worry, Selene has drum brakes on the rears. It's what's inside that counts ;)

That's just awful. Truly awful. I'd be tearing up the parking lot after that lady, if that happened to me...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Connie

Reaction score
Haha, don't worry, Selene has drum brakes on the rears. It's what's inside that counts ;)

That's just awful. Truly awful. I'd be tearing up the parking lot after that lady, if that happened to me...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If I was in my RX7 or my Merkur, I would have.
My Accord isn't worth the hassle and the paperwork. Check out my members' ride thread if you don't believe me lol. Still pissed me off though, my disappointment in humanity grew that day.

Enne

Reaction score
Took this at the mall the other day.
dc88e786a5933d405d129b98b2413125.jpg

Enne

Reaction score
Looks good, nice and straight. Hey, your snow is all gone too. ;)
Yeah, now my snow tires need to be gone too, haha. I'm swapping them out for my regular wheels and tires this weekend.

I'm thinking of getting Selene dipped white in the fall...gonna have my buddy peel all the black off and do it from scratch this time, so my DIY job doesn't mess his professional job up, lol. Might sand the trunk and roof down more before dipping. AirWrap isn't as thick as PDS so you can sorta see the leftover peeling clear in some spots on the trunk lid.

I'd get it done in some other color, but I don't think I like the 6th gen body style in wacky colors. It's going to be either plain white, or Alpha Pigments diamond green pearl over black or dark green. If I get white, I can always add other colors over it without having to peel.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I really liked how you turned it from "Oscar The Grouch's daily ride" to a functional daily and putting love where it counts maintenance wise, that to me shows devotion which I love about "Car people" in general if you will.

Enne

Reaction score
I really liked how you turned it from "Oscar The Grouch's daily ride" to a functional daily and putting love where it counts maintenance wise, that to me shows devotion which I love about "Car people" in general if you will.

Oscar the Grouch, lmao [emoji38] Thanks for the complement man, I appreciate it. I really love this car.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Yeah, now my snow tires need to be gone too, haha. I'm swapping them out for my regular wheels and tires this weekend.

I'm thinking of getting Selene dipped white in the fall...gonna have my buddy peel all the black off and do it from scratch this time, so my DIY job doesn't mess his professional job up, lol. Might sand the trunk and roof down more before dipping. AirWrap isn't as thick as PDS so you can sorta see the leftover peeling clear in some spots on the trunk lid.

I'd get it done in some other color, but I don't think I like the 6th gen body style in wacky colors. It's going to be either plain white, or Alpha Pigments diamond green pearl over black or dark green. If I get white, I can always add other colors over it without having to peel.

The only problem I have with white in the winter, is that the snow doesn't melt off it. Other than that, I've got no problem with it. I only say that, as my wife's car is Naples Gold, and the snow will litterally cling to it, while it's melting off my Dark Emerald Pearl (dark green). My son made the same observation over the winter (he drives a NHB 07 Civic SI).
But then I'm an old school guy who actually uses paint on a car. Problem is I'm up to my butt in projects (some even for myself), and don't really have the time to do anything. I will like to see what you come up with though, as I've been following your progress ever since you kicked Oscar to the curb (burn barrel). :)

Enne

Reaction score
That's what is cool about "dip", if you end up not liking it for whatever reason, you can peel it off whenever you want. I ended up not liking the gunmetal gray I dipped it the first time so I changed it to jet black, and then added diamond gold pearl. Plus it doesn't cost me as much to get it dipped because I can either do it myself or have my friend Jon do it for me; he is a certified Raail installer. He was excited to try the diamond gold when I asked him to shoot it for me.

The original paint color was flamenco black pearl... not sure what a music genre has to do with colors, lol.

Enne

Reaction score
Took Selene out yard-saling for about 7 hours yesterday; she ran like a champ. That was one of the things the PO used her for most.
ae7d213bd1e2c8e324730352409f7592.jpg

Back