Enne's 1999 Accord LX sedan 2.3 L - Selene

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Took Selene out yard-saling for about 7 hours yesterday; she ran like a champ. That was one of the things the PO used her for most.
ae7d213bd1e2c8e324730352409f7592.jpg

Summer tires and rims look good on it. :)

R3dC4p

Reaction score
That spray job looks phenomenal, I think I've seen your ride on another Honda forum back when I had my civic. When I respray my Accord, I'm actually planning on using airwrap because of your posts. :p Also, Greetings from North Carolina, fellow Pennsylvanian!

Enne

Reaction score
That spray job looks phenomenal, I think I've seen your ride on another Honda forum back when I had my civic. When I respray my Accord, I'm actually planning on using airwrap because of your posts. [emoji14] Also, Greetings from North Carolina, fellow Pennsylvanian!

Why thank you! I'm on here and DriveAccord.net with the same name. Whenever you're ready to try AirWrap, let me know via PM or mention me on here and I can help you out with a discount on materials from Raail.

I got my new hub caps yesterday! They are aftermarket, though they are stamped with Honda on the back...not bad for $40 a set though. The H logo is a vinyl sticker instead of being engraved and painted in like the real ones. But, that still beats paying like $20/each for OEM. I pressure washed them and sprayed tire/wheel cleaner on them and they held up just fine.

New ones:
bbf4d4ab81d81fd7957695622af68a61.jpg

Old ones:
ede124e228e85678722841693654baa3.jpg

Getting cleaned up:
3dc05718eb7e99a40171a68a79b44e9a.jpg

Nice and shiny!
41e5aa1d6d87c733ebe898dda113bf6c.jpg

Enne

Reaction score
Found a faux-wood grain center console on eBay and also a leather shifter knob to replace my old plastic one.

5f82ace64c400ded7d6f98cfb4b31622.jpg

Cleaned the engine bay a few weeks ago too.

e2eb82a3d158a33979fb96b3e3534ba9.jpg

Enne

Reaction score
Super clean Accord! What's your next mod?
Next mod: put on her snow wheel and tire set for the impending snowpocalypse this winter! Haha.

Actually, might get her wrapped (or possibly painted) in white. Getting tired of dealing with the black wrap, and seeing every single scratch and blemish in it. But, that will probably wait until next spring. Don't wanna mess a new job up during the winter in the ice and snow. Material depends on the prices I get quoted. A friend of mine would probably do white Airwrap (liquid wrap that is sprayed on) for maybe, I dunno, $800 at his shop up in Lancaster. Not sure what the paint quote would be. There is a highly rated Maaco over in Allentown I might hit up and ask for a quote. If it's around the same price as the wrap maybe I'll go with that instead.

Or, I could see if my dad/dad's buddies could paint it for me at one of their shops. Dad knows how to shoot real automotive paint.

Collkid

Reaction score
Looks clean.

When I cleaned my engine it smelled like burning for days after. I was kind of scared.

Enne

Reaction score
Looks clean.

When I cleaned my engine it smelled like burning for days after. I was kind of scared.
If you spray on too much cleaner and/or don't wipe it down real good it can get hot and cause a burning smell. No worries. As long as you don't hose down the fuse boxes and intake tube you're fine. Never had an issue after cleaning multiple times. Last time I just used cleaner and brushes/shop towels, there's really nothing bad you can do unless you accidentally disconnect a wire or something. Just remember to go back over everything and make sure it's all in place, haha.

Ham Solo

Reaction score
Looks awesome! Definitely bringing it back to life and showing it some love. What did you use on the wheels? They look brand new!

Back