Frankensteins Official Thread

Connie

Reaction score
Looking really good dude.

Nice to see someone else on here who understands the importance of maintenance as a necessary foundation you need before considering performance.

That's super clean for the age; an Accord that clean and old does not exist up here in the salty briny slushy north...I'm in pretty much the same boat as rusty. Check out Connie's thread in Member's Rides and you'll see, lol. I am once again jealous of another member's climate. I could easily get a car to hit a million km if rust wasn't such a thing up here.

Although I have had a transmission failure, the original did last 344k km with basically zero service before I got it at 140k km 4 years ago. (and I was going up a bigass mountain in West Virginia when it started to slip) It had black stinky gross probably original fluid when I got it, but a few drain and fills helped it last as long as it did. (DW-1 only, bro! lol) The transmission that's in there now had 300k on it when installed over 2 years ago (cheap used junkyard trans), and with the chassis now just shy of 473k km (I'll hit it on my way to work tomorrow), that would put the transmission well over 400k km and it's still working. I also drive the car excessively hard, because it's fun. Been trying to get it to slip for over two years, and it just won't lol!

The original transmission in my other 6G (Midnight) has 201k km on it and it's butter smooth even though it's 18 years old. Got it from an old lady and my girlfriend drives gentler than I do, so I'm sure it'll last the life of the car with regular drain and fills and nothing more.

That battery mount is a cool idea, too. I have a few spare brackets laying around.....do I need to pay royalties or can I just copy you?

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
No royalties need lol just secure it, move the ground and you're good to go. GF never drives my car because she can't drive stick . When I got the car she was begging me to take it because they wanted to get rid of it.

I've spent almost every dime on this car and now she wants it back . HA.

My auto trans wasn't too bad but if you pressed on the gas before it slipped into gear youd feel like Satan was giving you a massage with gears lol.
I have no information on my current 5mt as it came off a junkyard car so the plan was , go to the junkyard, shift through the gears with the car off and it it fell good , take it lol.

Thanks for the compliments as well . I'll be sure to check out your thread as well as anyone else who posts in here. As soon as I get the time lol

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
Update:
Long day of scrubbing really paid off!

Also cleaned up the cruise control module.
ca19964aeb4eceed5a5ea6106749d9f5.jpg
1d0f268f328926438776540187ac2c74.jpg
dc9acf6393b6eff8bdde5247024fce87.jpg
7e419ee4a1a1210c15a149101d104d5b.jpg
795d595d48e8c5531d3741da0d9e445a.jpg
1785c6efda52880fb0dc7e8b0eeb9bcb.jpg
d86615a6cb57910acf856c308ebb90c2.jpg
ca3bb0eb440e93fcb436607391eb1bcb.jpg

capsidx

Reaction score
I rattle can anything I can lol. Cheap, crude and effective, which is essentially what makes Frankenstein what he is. Some parts you can't rattle can like valve cover etc which sucks but I'd rather the paint not chip. As for super clean, I'd shower with it if I could lol this stuff just works.

Connie

Reaction score
I rattle can anything I can lol. Cheap, crude and effective, which is essentially what makes Frankenstein what he is. Some parts you can't rattle can like valve cover etc which sucks but I'd rather the paint not chip. As for super clean, I'd shower with it if I could lol this stuff just works.

My girlfriend can drive stick as well as I can, but she knows not to take the Xr4Ti or the RX7 out of the garage unless the house is on fire.

The Accords are the dailies, and unfortunately automatic, but they get the job done and are comfortable on those super-long drives. 2-3 hours a day in traffic is no fun with the heavy clutch in the RX7. It's not much better in the Xr4Ti (made in West Germany in the early 80s, so cable clutch, lol), and the reason I have the Accords in the first place is so I don't have to subject my toys to the daily horrors of my commute.

You reminded me I'm almost out of Super Clean....Super Clean is the shyte! lol

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
You have an rx7? Please do share lol

Connie

Reaction score
You have an rx7? Please do share lol

It's still in the garage, and it'll probably stay there until next summer. I have too much taxes to pay before I can do what I need to do for the RX to get her on the road how I'd like this year. All I'm doing this year is working and commuting and getting caught up on bills. The 7 needs tires and a tune before I'll feel ok about putting some miles on it. Just had the engine built last year and it cost a stupid amount of money to have it done the way I want; it was almost $7000 bucks to have the engine built and the turbo rebuilt. I need to somehow sneak it through emissions, too; that alone is a huge challenge with the rotaries.

I've been meaning to make a thread for it here in the non-6ga members' rides section. This weekend is a long weekend, so maybe I'll finally get to it.

I think you can see it in some of the pics on the first page of Connie's thread. It was outside that day.

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
I hate how much parts cost anymore. If it's something I can make I'll make it. Performance parts are where you'll spend a ton and half the time won't get any significant gains..

Update: scrubbed engine bay even further and removed AC lines until custom ones can be made to go around the engine .
cf27deb3618f4c79716dce07193bcc83.jpg
f5a44d4406555270c27c1321107a0670.jpg
42d805bc902b923f91b3cc6eaa805a95.jpg
5cc47c413d0cdfbc934103789d2ccf8c.jpg
9f3deb8d420b67fbb6cd027fa097113f.jpg

Connie

Reaction score
Not bad, those headers look sweet in there and you did an awesome job cleaning it. I think you need to move your intake though; looks like a pretty hot place with limited airflow.

Back