Frankensteins Official Thread

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I like the time and effort you are putting into breathing some life back into it, I do agree with Connie that is not the best place for intake air temps.
Also you might want to plug up the lil crank case vent recirculate tubes on the arm as well if you have not all ready cause all that is doing is sucking in contaminates.

Looks a lot better since you scrubbed all the grime off it and in the future it will make it a little easier to spot leaks when they happen, It is hard to spot a Honda that does not have a power steering pump puking all down the block any more Hahaha :)

As far as money for parts or as far as performance parts go, I completely understand how you feel to a degree, but with todays technology you can take advantage of a bit more to get a little more bang for your buck, If you do some solid planning and truly stick with it to achieve your end goal.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Not bad, those headers look sweet in there and you did an awesome job cleaning it. I think you need to move your intake though; looks like a pretty hot place with limited airflow.

That was my thought as well. I thought most CAI's were longer. If you look at Blazin's, the set up on his wife's car runs right under where your battery is. But, I's be worried about it sucking water in some of those trenches Texas uses for water drain off. Hell, some of those spots are big enough to swallow a Civic.:squintrun:

I guess I really need to bust some hump around here, so I can work on my Accord more often. Haven't had time to do much more than drive it to get gas for the MIG welder, and make several beer runs. :)

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I like the time and effort you are putting into breathing some life back into it...
As far as money for parts or as far as performance parts go, I completely understand how you feel to a degree, but with todays technology you can take advantage of a bit more to get a little more bang for your buck, If you do some solid planning and truly stick with it to achieve your end goal.

Ya, he's doing some great work on it. I do agree that you get stuff that will last a long time by searching different suppliers.Blazin and I already found that out while doing a little hunting on a SS Magnaflow exhaust (1 for mine, and 1 for his wife's car). We found that Summit currently has the best price on them. I'm still hunting for a cheaper Cat converter though. But there are alternatives to re-coating the bottom of your car with undercoating. I've heard of good things using Upol brand truck bedliner, Master Series paint (it's brushable), or even my old standby, PPG's DP series Epoxy primer (followed up with paint). Just a few random thoughts. I hope they help.

capsidx

Reaction score
Sorry dudes I've been away. Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions. The intake is temporary as I cut the old one in half to accommodate my new battery location. Eventually I'll move it to the trunk and have space for a proper intake.

The scrubbing is starting to make the car cleaner and drive better for some reason. Maybe the grime was an insulator lol.

Anyways here's an update: modified a ford focus shift knob to fit , extended the shifter and made a shift boot from an old sweater as the old one didn't reach anymore.

db20d50a264f74c2ff0ce15074412edf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

capsidx

Reaction score
Ya, he's doing some great work on it. I do agree that you get stuff that will last a long time by searching different suppliers.Blazin and I already found that out while doing a little hunting on a SS Magnaflow exhaust (1 for mine, and 1 for his wife's car). We found that Summit currently has the best price on them. I'm still hunting for a cheaper Cat converter though. But there are alternatives to re-coating the bottom of your car with undercoating. I've heard of good things using Upol brand truck bedliner, Master Series paint (it's brushable), or even my old standby, PPG's DP series Epoxy primer (followed up with paint). Just a few random thoughts. I hope they help.
I hadnt thought about a truck liner. You convinced me to use that instead as it's made to take more abuse lol so thanks for that man

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I hadnt thought about a truck liner. You convinced me to use that instead as it's made to take more abuse lol so thanks for that man

On another forum I belong to, guys are using it mixed with body color to give a nice strong durable coating to the lower portion of the cars. One guy even used it inside on his floors (had the seats and carpet out), along with the hitting the rear deck area (it's a station wagon), as that area gets abused. But quite a few are using it in various places just to prevent rust. Bottom side of the floors being the number 1 spot for it's use.

capsidx

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of work. I'm taking a break from working on Frankenstein and letting a mechanic do some of the work lol. Painting and lining are new to me so I'll probably have that professionally done just to save me in the long run

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

capsidx

Reaction score
Decided to make the shift boot a little cleaner. Made the new boot holder out of two o rings, a spark plug tube seal and distributor seal. Not bad considering. I'm 50% done with the shifter. The near future involves combining the 2016 mustang GT 6 speed shifter assembly with my current one.

Sadly I have to clean the boot because I got it dirty with my greasy hands

d89dc17636e766706bdfb394569ed8ed.jpg
7781a88bd5ec56648678bd568205cf3f.jpg
d9de1d79a3a697c683a5f1d81f274e4c.jpg
e0124707faed77b4f72cbfd0cbdf6593.jpg
0f527f9b8c68cf6cc484b65573471c3f.jpg

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
Another update, made the most ghetto rigged fog light system ever. I was gracious enough to receive free 2015 Accord fog lights. Me in typical Frankenstein fashion went straight to work trying to figure out how to fit them on my ride. Cutting the bumper simply wasn't an option. So I did the usual and rigged everything to work . Enjoy at my expense. Yes the gap is gone and no I'm not too pleased with the results.

6b1dd85a2a9044029a59d32ddaabc570.jpg
260340fc75d1821a26376810fb8f67b5.jpg
6e5c10eedeec6fbff79605553654bc50.jpg
efc3f1775e62501b6026de2fcf1ea8ea.jpg
396a21ea15aebee929fe9e58e6dfc985.jpg
92c7994bf5beade4dd0696a707a54653.jpg

592005bf11b9c7808180eb2847169791.jpg
529f74898f36b466a9c744901a481418.jpg
0e778b17aab1944c1e07c3eebff53d52.jpg
d22779b3f03dcf6418b5cef2dc70e9dd.jpg

Last edited:

Gradfien

Reaction score
I just could never understand how Honda, a company built on the name of reliability could produce the Auto trans used in the 6th gen Accord, and knowingly sell it to the public. I realize that the numbers probably were evenly split on the 4 cylinders (AT vs MT), but the V6 cars only got the AT. This means if you have a V6 your days were numbered on when you were going to have a trans failure. It was more of a when, rather than if. The info I researched tells me that the I4 cars with AT went further (a lot further) than the V6 cars before you had a trans failure. But I'd really like to know what Honda did from 97 to 98 on the trans, as I bet that's part of the key to why they fail.

I think the real reason for the trans failures was the power. They had a borderline auto to begin with, and added an extra 30 lb ft of torque.
People who drive like my mom could probably get well over 300k out of it. I'd probably manage to break it within 100k.
I don't think the I4 trans got any worse peronaly but i dont think vtec was as common before 98. The odessey's were the worst, you just about need th add a trans rebuild to the 100k maintence. in a odessey even my mom would use more torque than the trans could handle.

Sorry for bringing up an old topic.

Back