RyMi's 2001 Accord Sedan EX

RyMi

Reaction score
Engine/Performance:
-Magnaflow Catback
-NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
-Stock V6 Engine
-Once-replaced 4 spd Auto
(288k on the odometer btw and running great)

Suspension:
-Tein Basis Z Coilovers (installing this weekend)

Interior/ICE:
-LED Instrument Panel/Dash/Interior lighting
-Razo Shift Knob and Boot
-Carbon Fiber Interior Trim "4D" decals
-Honda Seat Covers
-Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover
-Rubber Floor Mats

Cosmetic:
-Black-Trim Headlight Housings
-LED High and Low Beam lights
-Quick-release fasteners
-Konig Sub-brand gloss-black 17x7 wheels
-BF Goodrich Advantage T/A XL 235/45 tires
-Window tint all around
-I've got a Cobra-brand "Accord" logo hood bra I like to throw on sometimes, too

Short backstory: A front-end collision almost totaled out my car. I knew nothing more than changing oil on cars before, and rebuilt the front end (essentially every part in front of my engine haha) over the course of a couple months using YouTube videos and taking lots of pictures. So, that would explain my bad fender/front bumper fitment (fasteners help some) and the plasti-dipped hood.

Dropping it a little bit this weekend with the coilovers, and thinking about dipping my wheels gloss white (opinions, please?) while I'm at it. Also, feel free to suggest any other mods I'd be capable of doing myself :)

Nawr0pZ.jpg

fLgtDGd.jpg

ELqoUCe.jpg

Jh2XV00.jpg

8oDZNme.jpg
84ldAis.jpg

SmZwp84.jpg

Last edited:

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Engine/Performance:
-Magnaflow Catback
-NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
-Stock V6 Engine
-Once-replaced 4 spd Auto
(288k on the odometer btw and running great)

Suspension:
-Tein Basis Z Coilovers (installing this weekend)

Interior/ICE:
-LED Instrument Panel/Dash/Interior lighting
-Razo Shift Knob and Boot
-Carbon Fiber Interior Trim "4D" decals
-Honda Seat Covers
-Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover
-Rubber Floor Mats

Cosmetic:
-Black-Trim Headlight Housings
-LED High and Low Beam lights
-Quick-release fasteners
-Konig Sub-brand gloss-black 17x7 wheels
-BF Goodrich Advantage T/A XL 235/45 tires
-Window tint all around
-I've got a Cobra-brand "Accord" logo hood bra I like to throw on sometimes, too

Short backstory: A front-end collision almost totaled out my car. I knew nothing more than changing oil on cars before, and rebuilt the front end (essentially every part in front of my engine haha) over the course of a couple months using YouTube videos and taking lots of pictures. So, that would explain my bad fender/front bumper fitment (fasteners help some) and the plasti-dipped hood.

Dropping it a little bit this weekend with the coilovers, and thinking about dipping my wheels gloss white (opinions, please?) while I'm at it. Also, feel free to suggest any other mods I'd be capable of doing myself :)

Nawr0pZ.jpg

fLgtDGd.jpg

ELqoUCe.jpg

Jh2XV00.jpg

8oDZNme.jpg
84ldAis.jpg

SmZwp84.jpg
Killer write-up and good stuff on learning how to build from scratch dude! Question...what boot and shift knob did you use...and how is the fitment? Also...if you need any intel on suspension upgrades or motor performance shoot me a private message...happy to help a fellow sedan owner. [emoji41][emoji869]!

RyMi

Reaction score
Killer write-up and good stuff on learning how to build from scratch dude! Question...what boot and shift knob did you use...and how is the fitment? Also...if you need any intel on suspension upgrades or motor performance shoot me a private message...happy to help a fellow sedan owner. [emoji41][emoji869]!
Thanks man! Shift knob was a kind of rare Razo shift knob. I don't believe they make them any more, but I was lucky enough to find one. Shift boot was a black leather one I found on eBay that was supposed to fit my car."Fitment" is interesting with the sedan, since its not meant to have a boot. I did have to pull up the wood paneling around the shifter and do some hole cutting in the boot itself. I personally wish I would have taken more time to form the boot to a better shape before cutting holes, but it looks pretty good to me.

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Thanks man! Shift knob was a kind of rare Razo shift knob. I don't believe they make them any more, but I was lucky enough to find one. Shift boot was a black leather one I found on eBay that was supposed to fit my car."Fitment" is interesting with the sedan, since its not meant to have a boot. I did have to pull up the wood paneling around the shifter and do some hole cutting in the boot itself. I personally wish I would have taken more time to form the boot to a better shape before cutting holes, but it looks pretty good to me.
I have a Razo brushed stainless one but still can't figure out the boot thing. Ideas? LoL!

RyMi

Reaction score
I can't really give you a detailed explanation of how I did it, but do some searching on the forums for shift boots.
Theres at least two DIYs I pulled info from on here that helped a lot in understanding some procedural routes to take

NSWDoc

Reaction score
I shall have to look into it...lol...maybe it will work this time.

RyMi

Reaction score
I shall have to look into it...lol...maybe it will work this time.

Main thing is to be careful, and get everything where you want it before you cut fabric or try to tighten things back down. I went through one other boot trying to get it to where I have it now

NSWDoc

Reaction score
Ah...yes...patience. hard to find...lol!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks nice, I would focus on getting the hood and bumper painted to get the car looking it's best again. You could always spray just one of your wheels to see if you like it, if not dip is supposedly easily removable.

RyMi

Reaction score
Looks nice, I would focus on getting the hood and bumper painted to get the car looking it's best again. You could always spray just one of your wheels to see if you like it, if not dip is supposedly easily removable.
Thanks! Yeah, I'd definitely like to get everything painted back up; I think it looks pretty decent for what I've been able to do with it myself.

I've heard by the time I have my hood/bumper painted it'd just make sense to have the whole car repainted $$$-wise. Is that true? I've never gotten a quote or anything

Back