RyMi's 2001 Accord Sedan EX

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Looks nice, I would focus on getting the hood and bumper painted to get the car looking it's best again. You could always spray just one of your wheels to see if you like it, if not dip is supposedly easily removable.

Wasn't it 604 who dipped his rims gold, only to have the dip flake off? I think he ended up painting his.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I'd definitely like to get everything painted back up; I think it looks pretty decent for what I've been able to do with it myself.

I've heard by the time I have my hood/bumper painted it'd just make sense to have the whole car repainted $$$-wise. Is that true? I've never gotten a quote or anything

Depends on whether you're painting it, or having someone else paint it.
Remember, nobody cares more about your car than you do.

Accordx

Reaction score
Wasn't it 604 who dipped his rims gold, only to have the dip flake off? I think he ended up painting his.

Pretty sure he wrapped them and it came off and then he painted them... not sure though I'd have to go look at his thread again

RyMi

Reaction score
I dipped my hood in a somewhat thin layer and haven't had any issues thus far. I'd be dipping my wheels white and then spraying the glossifier on top of that, so I think it'd hold up pretty well as long as the coats are on the thick side.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I'd definitely like to get everything painted back up; I think it looks pretty decent for what I've been able to do with it myself.

I've heard by the time I have my hood/bumper painted it'd just make sense to have the whole car repainted $$$-wise. Is that true? I've never gotten a quote or anything

Logistically it makes sense to paint the whole car, that way everything comes from that one batch of formulated paint and matches perfectly. Financially, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. You're going to pay a few grand for a properly done professional paint job, whereas a bumper and a hood shouldn't be more than a few hundred each.

Hmm not sure. Wheels take a lot of abuse so they definitely need a strong clear on top of the dip, just dip itself wouldn't last or look too good after awhile.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
thick coats will take forever to dry with that stuff, and forever to complete because of that. when i plastidipped my rh's white, i did thin layers, and it still took a while to finish them all. it also took a lot of plastidip. they held up pretty well though. good luck!

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
thick coats will take forever to dry with that stuff, and forever to complete because of that. when i plastidipped my rh's white, i did thin layers, and it still took a while to finish them all. it also took a lot of plastidip. they held up pretty well though. good luck!

Sounds like it might be better to just paint IF that's the color you want them.

jerrychoochoo

Reaction score
Looks good so far! White plastidipped wheels would look good, but would be a pain to clean.

RyMi

Reaction score
UPDATE: So, I installed the Tein Basis Z coilovers this weekend, and I’ve run into an issue. Ride feels fine, need some to be adjusted a little higher, but squeaks a ton. Trying to figure out what it could be.

I’m thinking it’s because I didn’t install everything loose (I took out the control arm nut and the 17mm nut on the knuckle on the rears) and then tighten down at ride height? In the front I took out the two bolts on the fork (one on the collar holding the strut, and the one through the forks).

Any ideas?

RyMi

Reaction score
UPDATE: So, I installed the Tein Basis Z coilovers this weekend, and I’ve run into an issue. Ride feels fine, need some to be adjusted a little higher, but squeaks a ton. Trying to figure out what it could be.

I’m thinking it’s because I didn’t install everything loose (I took out the control arm nut and the 17mm nut on the knuckle on the rears) and then tighten down at ride height? In the front I took out the two bolts on the fork (one on the collar holding the strut, and the one through the forks).

Any ideas?
There’s no wobbling or anything, it feels secure, but I just hear a lot of movement and squeaking

Back