synergy10's LX V6 Coupe

synergy10

Reaction score
The 3G TL 6MT 20mm rear sway is a great bank for your buck upgrade. Or the Progress bar if you can find one, makes a massive difference. CL/TL front strut tower bar is a nice addition too. Nice pics.

Thanks for the advice! I've never really looked into any performance upgrades for this chassis since it was mainly my wife's daily and she wasn't interested in any of that. Now that it's becoming more of my "work" car, I'm wanting a bit more out of it.

I did some searching on the 3.2 v6/6 spd manual swap and ran across a thread you originally started. So you sort of pieced together your swap right? I'm thinking of purchasing an entire car for the conversion...think that's overkill? Looking for the easiest route since time and space is always a concern for me.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I collected parts over time and amassed them in my dining room, before I got married of course hah. Having a complete 6MT CL-S donor is the best way to go now if you come across a good one. I guess the hassle with that is storing it while you pull the front clip, and what to what to do with the rest of the car after you've done so. But it would be nice to have everything right there for reference.

synergy10

Reaction score
Threw on some Legend 2 piston calipers a while ago. The coating on them sucks so I'll have to get them powder coated or I may just use the duplicolor brush on coating (have used it in the past and am happy with the results).

IMG_2018.JPG

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I used a G2 caliper paint kit on my other car, I was skeptical about brushing paint on as I was sure there would be visible evidence of brush strokes. But it amazingly smoothed itself out really well and there is little to no visual cues to tell it was not sprayed. Really impressive stuff and you have so much more control brushing on paint as opposed to spraying. I'd use G2 again in a heartbeat honestly.

Car looks good btw!

synergy10

Reaction score
I used a G2 caliper paint kit on my other car, I was skeptical about brushing paint on as I was sure there would be visible evidence of brush strokes. But it amazingly smoothed itself out really well and there is little to no visual cues to tell it was not sprayed. Really impressive stuff and you have so much more control brushing on paint as opposed to spraying. I'd use G2 again in a heartbeat honestly.

Car looks good btw!

Thanks for the advice! I checked to see how much leftover Duplicolor caliper paint I have and there's enough to coat all 4 calipers. Otherwise, I'd give the G2 brand a try. Curious as to what color you went with?

It also smoothed itself out surprisingly well (for being brushed on that is). Here is how it turned out on my CRX:

IMG_5200.JPEG IMG_5199.JPEG

The car is on the CL Type S wheels for now. Had to start parking it outside since my CRX took up the garage spot (wife's Forester is the other garaged car). Don't want the Racing Hart C5's to get messed with. Here it is in it's current state:

IMG_6971.JPEG

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I checked to see how much leftover Duplicolor caliper paint I have and there's enough to coat all 4 calipers. Otherwise, I'd give the G2 brand a try. Curious as to what color you went with?

It also smoothed itself out surprisingly well (for being brushed on that is). Here is how it turned out on my CRX:

They offer several basic colors but you can order a custom color too. I went with Grabber Blue.

Looks fine on those calipers, the texture of that metal helps disguise any visible brush strokes too.

The car is on the CL Type S wheels for now. Had to start parking it outside since my CRX took up the garage spot (wife's Forester is the other garaged car). Don't want the Racing Hart C5's to get messed with. Here it is in it's current state:

Perfection. Car looks very nice! Keep it waxed or ceramic coat it if you are able, because 6GA paint constantly seeing the outdoors just hastens the clearcoat failure that is so common on these cars, unfortunately.

Anyway always had a soft spot for CL-S wheels, there were one of my favorite sets I owned. I just wished they were wider, would have loved to have them custom built to be widened with custom barrels, etc. But that was not feasible at the time haha. But a 6GA on CL-S wheels with the OEM lip kit like yours is so clean, mine looked similar at one point!

0509001859.jpg

Back