Heat shield + K&N X-stream filter - Installed

dynasty

Reaction score
truthfully, for the V6, you didn't need a heatshield. because the battery is already blocking most of the heat from the motor. also, some heatshield actually make you lose hp because some metal isn't made to block heat. try this, when you drive for a few minutes, get out of your car and open the hood. touch the heatshield. does it feel warm or does it feel normal?

matty2013

Reaction score
Plastic would just get heat soaked and hold the heat, but a piece of metal will cool faster as moving air passes over it. That's why radiators are made of metal, they can absorb aswell as dissipate the heat faster than plastic

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
radiators also have fans and coolant to draw the heat

and if this heat cools, where is it the heat going to go to cool the metal..... into the intake i would assume since thats the only place thats drawing cooler air

my point is still valid and i'm nearly positive that plastic won't heat soak nearly as quick as plastic will

iHazSnail

Reaction score
plastic heat shield? so it can melt at high temp?

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
this isn't a high performance car, stock boxes are plastic, i'm sure the plastic will be just fine for the poor little j30

iHazSnail

Reaction score
A box is not the same as a shield. Look at any "intake heat shield". They are usually thin wrap like. There probably is a reason for companies like injen and such not to make them off plastic :)

Back