Reaction score
Brand & model:2 kicker comp vx 12" w/ duel voice coils in probox
boss 2000watt 2 channel amp
kicker 1500watt 4 channel amp
2 boss 500watt tweeters in swivel mount
4 bose 6" bose door speakers
2 bose 6"x9" rear speakers
kenwood 7" foldout touch screen headunit

Price paid and from where: $75 plus a used base model hp laptop at a pawn shop for speakers and box
$100 on craigslist for boss amp
$120 on craiglist for kicker amp
$15 from pawn shop for tweeters
$225 from friend for all the door speakers plus the 6"x9"s
$40 (prolly stolen knowing who i bought it from lol) from a friend for the head unit
Pros:very loud very crisp sound, no distortion, tweeters chirp loud
Cons: very very heavy, tweeters will bust ur eardrums if u dont keep the levels down, headunit is nice but not alot of functions
Final verdict:love the setup had it for 2 years, turns heads, everyone wants to get in and hear it and then complains of theirs ears ringing afterwards :thumbsup:

JetLife

Reaction score
Brand & model:Kenwood DDX419
Price paid and from where: ~$300 from Sonicelectronic.com
Pros:Quick shipping, good price, can do everything besides navi, nice interface
Cons:Bluetooth could be better
Final verdict:AWESOME DOUBLE DIN, HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that wants a good headunit.

Brand & model: 2 12" MTX subs & 1400w MTX amp & MTX crossover
Price paid and from where: $120 from a friend
Pros: TBD (When my friend had them in his golf, they Bump hard AF)
Cons:TBD
Final verdict: TBD

JordanZ

Reaction score
IMG_20130306_143459_zps9d00943e.jpg

Brand & model: Pioneer AVH-1400dvd
Price paid and from where: 220 new from best buy on sale
Pros: Looks very sleek, good customization options, very easy to use, navigation and bluetooth ready with just an add on.
Cons: Haven't found any yet, only been installed for 3 days or so
Final verdict: Would buy again and recommend to others, especially for 220 brand new

IMG_20130306_143539_zpsa3dda2d7.jpg

Please excuse the mess in my trunk lol it's all the boxes I haven't taken out yet (and the stock speakers that are flimsy as **** haha)

Brand & model: 2x Kenwood KFC-W3013PS and Kenwood 9105d 1800w peak 900w rms x2 @ 2 ohms
Price paid and from where: 230 for subs, box, and amp at pawn shop
Pros: Can still get loud without sacrificing quality
Cons: misses the higher end and lower end (maybe i need a new box)
Final verdict: for 230, I'd buy again and again and again. The KFC-w3013PS are only 55 new on amazon so if you're looking for some good beginner subs these will for sure do the job.

Brand & model: Kenwood 6x9 rears and kenwood 6.5" fronts
Price paid and from where: 45 for the backs and 33 for the fronts
Pros: Excellent cheap upgrade to the stock speakers. Hits the highs well to contrast the bass. for >100, it's a huge difference from stock
Cons: only like 35w rms for both so if i want to upgrade i'll end up spending about 3 bills on new speakers and a amp
Final verdict: cheap, quality, way better than stock.

Last edited:

Rush12049

Reaction score
Brand & model: Alpine CDE-134HD
Price paid and from where: $220, including install. Sun Valley Stereo
Pros: Sound quality beats the crap out of the OEM 6 disc head unit. And a functional CD player, woot! Looks really good.
Cons: No bluetooth? HD Radio sounds tinny to me, but maybe it's cause I'm used to standard FM.
Final verdict: Defiantly worth the 220 I payed for it. If you need a new head unit, I would defiantly recommend Alpine.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Brand & model: Pioneer FH-X700BT
Price paid and from where: $125 through amazon
Pros: Great sound. Front USB and aux input.bluetooth.looks good in the dash.
Cons: Bluetooth auto connect works most of the time
Verdict: Very happy for the most part. Much better than the outdated OEM unit.

Brand and model: Access Aswc-1 steering wheel control
Price paid and from where: $49 through Amazon
Pros: Easy installation. Auto detect. USB port for firmware updates
Cons: none so far
Verdict: love it :D

Lickmyhonda

Reaction score
Brand & model: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Widescreen Touch Panel Display, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, and Advance App Mode for iPhone.

Price paid and from where: $499 from crutchfield (included dash kit and harness).

Pros: it has 2 USB slots on the back of the HU, the faceplate is detachable, screen looks amazing, makes stock speakers sound pretty good, remote, Bluetooth works great, no messy wires in the front.

Cons: Weird buzzing sound sometimes from speakers, touch screen doesnt respond when in direct sun light for a few minutes, faceplate is a pain in the *** to reattach sometimes, you need a pioneer expensive wire to use advanced app mode.

Final verdict: I think $499 is too much for it, but besides that, I love it. :wub:

vshqjb.jpg

Last edited:

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Brand: Pioneer DEH-X6500BT headunit
Price: $200+ from BestBuy (Install included in price)
Pros: Really good sound even w/ stock speakers, like the changing of colors :) and I like the really good EQ settings
Cons: For some reason, sometimes my radio would reset itself and I would have to redo my EQ and re tune my radio stations. I don't know why it did that though.
Final Verdict: Great radio for price (was $99.99 w/o install) and good sound quality for price. Would definitely buy again. Can't wait to see how it sounds when I get my JBL's!
NewRadio_zps3c3eab10.jpg

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Brand & model: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
Price paid and from where: $300 eBay
Pros: great unit, upgradable
Cons: USB plugs in the back of the unit,had to run an extension out to the dash.

Brand & model: Focal Polyglass 165 vb component front
Focal polyglass 690cvx 6x9 rear
Price paid and from where: around $300 front, $150 rear
Pros: great speakers,best I've ever owned, adjustable tweeters
Cons: they deeper than stock speakers and needed slight modification to fit.

Brand and model: MTX Blue thunder Pro 3002 (old skool)
Price paid and from where: traded my sony xplod + $30
Pros: great sound, low power consumption, great output!never cut out, and I live in FL(hot)
Cons: none

Brand and model: Alpine type R 12" sub,ported enclosure
Price paid and where: $100 locally
Pros: good (for a 30 year old man) 10-12 years ago I'd have 3 of them in the trunk!
Cons: heavy (most subs are)

This is my setup, no amp for interior speakers, the head unit makes them sound great, plus I don't like too many amps anymore. Speakers sound great even with windows down at 70mph, the sub doesn't "rattle" stuff and sounds crisp even outside. I think I spent a lil extra on speakers but if you know what FOCAL is, you know it was worth it!

2000orosolido

Reaction score
Brand & model: Android 3G WIFI 6.2" Double 2 DIN Car Radio Stereo DVD Player GPS Navigation+Cam (CHINA)

Price paid and from where: 180 including shipping + Ebay

Pros: Rear view camera, 2 Usb inputs, 3 rca outputs (front, rear & sub) DVD works great, WIFI,

Cons: EQ is only a 3 band, On start up takes around 15 secs to load,

Final verdict:

For the price you really cant go wrong on this unit i've had it for about 3 months and so far its worked great, installed the obdII bluetooth adapter and it reads everything great!! Sound quality over all for the price is not bad...I have everything hooked up to amps so i never tried it with speakers connected directly to the unit! am pleased 180 shipped good buy!!!!:waytogo:

Back