Need help on diy SS clutch line

VonDubz

Reaction score
I kno this thread is old. But honda discontinued the plastic clip on master cylinder, and now use aluminum ones, with which those parts that badger listed from summit should work. Heres the TSB: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=405

Also on a side note, I ordered an all alum clutch master for my car and it came with the pin, but my buddy ordered one from a different company and it came threaded. so be careful.

Heres what i did to remedy my problem. Used a C-clip removal tool to take out the pistol. You are going to tap new threads. Just use the appropriate drill, and find a adapter to match. Make sure the adapter is the thread you are going to tap on one side and -3an on the other side. Then since the piston is out just clean any metal inside and put it back together. also jam jb weld into the pin holes on both side for good measure and to ensure it doesnt leak
Aeroquip FBM2610 - Aeroquip AN to NPT Adapter Fittings

Fitting, 90 Degree, -3 AN Male to 1/8 in. NPT Male, Steel, Each

Part Number: AER-FBM2610

Auto Meter 2266 - Auto Meter Metric Adapters

Fitting, Metric Adapter, Oil Pressure, 1/8 in. NPT Female to 12mm x 1 Male, Each

Part Number: ATM-2266

Earl s Performance 63010172ERL - Earl's Performance Speed-Flex Brake Lines

Brake Line, Speed-Flex, Braided Stainless Steel, 72 in., -3 AN Female, -3 AN Female, Each

Part Number: EAR-63010172ERL

Russell Performance 641431 - Russell Brake Adapter Fittings

Fittings, Brake Adapter, Steel, -3 AN to 10mm x 1.0 Male, Pair

Part Number: RUS-641431

Last edited:

kashmeister

Reaction score
Thx man I'm sure it'll help someone

I decided not to follow through with the swap due to engine trouble

Very informative

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Here is what I did.

-Find local shop that sells fittings and/or hydraulic supplies
-Bring clutch master cyl and slave cyl.
-Tell them what you need
-Give them $50
-Done.

one

Reaction score
Here is what I did.

-Find local shop that sells fittings and/or hydraulic supplies
-Bring clutch master cyl and slave cyl.
-Tell them what you need
-Give them $50
-Done.

thanks man, im going to do this. went through a big headache replacing my master and slave cylinders.

one

Reaction score
i tried to goto a local performance shop but he kept recommending me oem. they mainly work on high performance race cars, and was telling me about the angle it needed, and how high temps could destroy it. anyone here still using their custom line can chime in? i want to do the ss line but if worse comes to worst i'll go ahead and get the oem one.

RalfFee

Reaction score
I know this is a very very old thread, but I was wondering, couldn't you just use a 5th gen Accord CMC instead and avoid going through all the troubles of with the pins, etc. ?

Carbonpup

Reaction score
i doubt anyones still going to be looking at this thread but i just purchased a ss clutch line for an 01 prelude. the master side fits just fine but the slave fitting is too small and i cant seem to find what the actual size is anywhere, does anyone happen to know?

Back